Tuesday, January 13, 2009

managing life without hurting myself...


I tend to write recipes at night.  Nothing fancy, I just like food, a lot.
Last night/ this morning, while I was drifting off I thought, "You know what would be delicious?  S'mores brownies"  So today... you guessed it!  I made them.
I really wanted them to cool off before I cut into them, so I put them in the fridge.  That was my first mistake.  They became too hard, so I set them out and about a half hour later I cut into them.  It was a bit of a pain, but I managed to cut a small slice. (note to self, next time line the pan with foil so I can just lift the whole batch of brownies out of the pan prior to cutting)
Suddenly I notice something red on the marshmallow topping.
It makes no sense.
There is nothing red around me.
I keep looking and looking, when I look at my right hand.  It too is covered in this red stuff.  Wait, it's covered in blood. 

What the hell?  So I turn on a light.  The knife, too, is covered in blood.
WHAT THE HELL?!!
I have NO idea when I did it, but I sliced open my finger.
I never felt it.  Not until I started to wash my hands.  Now that's a sharp freaking knife.

So the sad part... I had to dispose of part of the brownies...
lame
very, very lame

That's the 3rd time in 7 years of cooking that I've wounded myself.  Not bad odds, but it still pisses me off.

Oh well... 

I have to go write up my "list of things I want in 09 now"... Oh, how I love to give myself homework assignments!  It keeps me going!
And since I learned from my chinese horoscope that 09 (aka the year of the ox) is supposed to be about 10 gagillion times better than 08 (aka the year of the rat) Might as well feed that idea and make it happen!

Now, I have to get back to that weather machine!  Soon!  75 and sunny EVERY DAY!

~The End

No comments:

Post a Comment