Monday, April 13, 2009

this is what happens when I get bored... nothing


(I don't know what the picture means either - but there's a puppy and the can is red - SHINY!)

I’m overly unenthused, bored and tired

And even if I weren’t, I would still just be here

I would still just be blah

My mind is racing tonight and I don’t know why

I hate when my mind races

And I hate, even more, when I can’t pinpoint what’s causing it

These obtuse moments of OCD make me want to break things

So I sit here on the computer

Killing time

As it murders me back

Eating, fidgeting, feeling frustrated

And wanting nothing more than to spite the world

The dirty cuss that it is

Objectified

Obliterated

And just plain wanting to scream

I think if I have a break

There is no break

And then I get even angrier

Because

Because

Because

Excuse

Excuse

Excuse

I just want to sleep

Or to read a book

To write something – anything – creative

But the block is back in place

And my ideas seem juvenile at best

And the waste products that are my words

Dribble down this page

Emphasizing what little there is to say

Reminding me that it is late

Causing me to wish

Dream

Scheme

Plan

Plot

A new diverse something or another

Sometimes

Words are my curse

Because I lost the ones I needed.

 

This drivel was brought to you by me

I know

I'm sorry too

 

~The end

2 comments:

  1. Honestly...I totally enjoyed that...Maybe because it's so honest...Maybe because it's how many of us feel at times...Maybe both...But I liked it!

    ReplyDelete