Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I'M SO TIRED I COULD CRY! But I won't - wet pillows suck...

At some point I just need to come to terms with the fact that I'm so overly tired all the time because I just don't ever sleep.
I'm sitting here staring at that picture and wishing it was me - but what's the point?  It never is.

There is just too much to do.

As you may have noticed I am blogging nearly daily again.  I just feel the urge to do so.

Read.
Write.
Work.
Write.
Hang with fam.
Yard work.
Write...

The argumentative state of my life right now is not good.  
Yet another reason I'm tired. When all you do is feel angry and fight with people... it's draining.
My quest for alone time has taken a bad turn - I'm sure it has more to do with the fact that I'm sick... but still - it seems the only time of day I enjoy is this time of day. No one. No phone. Nothing but me and my thoughts. My television shows. My movies. ME! ME! ME!

I'm just tired.  It may seem overly selfish but in all honesty, you can only do SO MUCH before you break, and this is me breaking. (when I find myself looking at astrology sites for answers to deep seeded issues in my life, I know I'm breaking... I've been looking for a while now.  I have the spam to prove it... and what did I come up with? I prefer the horoscopes printed by the Onion.)

So I've grown distant...

People talk to me and I just float away. 
Then I get totally frustrated. (you know... cuz they keep talking...)
THEN I feel super mean... you know - for ignoring them.  
It really is rude, and I'm not overly fond of being rude - unless it's totally necessary.

And then I submerge myself in all of my 5,000 ongoing projects...

Example:
The TV Blog is starting to take off pretty well, and the food blog is taking longer to construct than I ever imagined it would.  
I'm hoping to have it mostly done by Friday.

Then I'm hoping to drink on my porch. <- LOVE ME SOME PORCH DRINKING!

~Those are my goals this week.  For now at least.~

I'm going to go to bed before I feel the need to reveal things that I shouldn't... like my love of fried foods, or how I think origami is really neat-o noodles.

Here you go - here's my "What would make me happy RIGHT NOW" list:
  • Sleep
  • Butter fried pierogies (the cottage cheese variety)
  • Not being lactose intolerant (the pills don't work for me... apparently the gods hate me)
  • Getting the food blog ready for a freaking review
  • 70+ temps and no rain for the next 8 months, nay - 8 YEARS!
  • Sex
  • Finding a place to print the 3 kids books I wrote for Xander
  • Finding an illustrator for those same books
  • Twix
  • and just to drive it home - sleep, sex and chocolate
(I'm giving shoes a week off)

I'm shutting up.  Go read this blog - it's funny.
And good night!

2 comments:

  1. What's with us writers and not getting enough sleep...Too much coffee...Too much going on in our heads...I don't know...

    Fried foods rock!

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't they? I try to do the whole, "Don't Eat Fried Foods!" thing and as soon as the idea pops into my head I find myself in the kitchen frying away.

    My latest fried addiction - fried mashed potatoes...

    and you're welcome

    ReplyDelete