Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Letter to No One:

Dear No One - 

Honestly, I don't know why I let things get to me the way I do. It's all truly a waste of time, time that I could be spending on a number of other things like canning delicious homemade jam, working on my book, throwing pebbles at passing cars - as I stated, numerous things, but I don't. No, I play evil jedi mind tricks on myself until I'm so off the only thing I can do is... this.

I keep repeating the word "neurotic" over and over in my head, but let's be honest (again) I'm really not that neurotic. My mind just runs a lot faster and in all directions - I blame the writer in me. (The only other people I've ever met in my life that think about things how I do have all been writers, bet if you put us all on an island together there'd be polar bears, smoke monsters and time warps back to the 70s... wait a minute...)

But seeing that if you know me, like you should, then you understand that I am what I am. Plus, you understand that I don't much care for apologizing for myself or things I don't feel I've done wrong.

THAT SAID, No One! Why you gotta be all like that? Why do you have to be all, "You should apologize?" NO, I DON'T! I DON'T HAVE TO AND I WON'T.

I will not apologize for several things, including (but not limited to) the following:

#1 - My sexuality. 
I like me. Why is it if you're female and secure about your sexuality you are either a bitch or a slut? (...reverse psychology? baby need therapy? no one say what?)

#2 - The fact that I like to swear and cuss like a sailor. 
I am well aware of the fact my boy will probably be dropping the f-bomb by the time he's 3. You don't need to point out that amount of times I use the word.  In the end, it's not that he SAYS the word, it's that he UNDERSTANDS that there are a lot of tight wads out there that don't LIKE the word, thus meaning it can't be used in every day language - even though I keep trying to.

#3 - My keen fashion sense! (Buffy - stole it) Really, sarcasm. SHAZAM!

#4 - My tattoos

#5 - The decisions I've made, even the really bad ones. 
I don't believe in regretting things I've done, even when they're stupid. Learn and move on. 

#6 - My bad sense of humor. 
In the end, I still think it's funny. Even if you don't.

And that's where I'll leave you with that! 

I get it, I'm weird. Quirky. Hyper. And a whole lot of other things, but that's who I am. It seems to me that when people spend all their time pointing out the faults in others they are normally hiding from themselves. (hint, hint)

You should go take care of that.

Sincerely,
-A

2 comments:

  1. That was great...I love it...Although I do from time to time like to point out others faults...But that is because I feel I am better then them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all do from time to time - it's just when it becomes excess. Anything in excess is abuse. Everyone bitches about other people, but when it becomes your only source of conversation... that's when it's a problem!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete