Friday, July 3, 2009

compliance


standing softly
quietly
alone in a world of nothing
listening to explosions
that aren't even there
the street lights taunt me
and the cars whiz by
and I wait
for time to pass
faster than it can
but slow enough that I don't miss it

I want parts to be like 
video games
I can pick and choose
instead of being compliant

capricious till the end

I learn 
I grown
subsequent
orderly
vividly wishing for a do over

compliance

like a shape in my peripheral
that's never truly there
just an image 
when look at directly
never existed at all
little tiny floaters in my eyes
fragmenting imagery 
staccato 
pixilated nothings
making me wish my eyes worked
happily accepting 
they don't
faded on
into a void
until there is nothing left
to conceive

fanciful envisage

cavalier 
arrogant
willing to bemuse 
glamor yourself
until
askew view

ahh...

standing softly
quietly
alone in a world of nothing
listening
and listening
and listening

until I've gone deaf
from the silence

No comments:

Post a Comment