Sunday, September 20, 2009

patience



please stop me from talking
nervously
with nothing to say
it's a front
a shell
of words
barricade built
very well mind you
very well indeed

is it the weather
or the month
or the number
I don't know
It could be the food
or lack there of
I just don't know

I "need" keeps popping in my head
but what follows
are lies
wrong column
they should be in "want"

Just like praying
I pray
I wish
same thing
shouldn't be
but it is

patience
patience
patience

something I remind myself
of right now
this very second

patience
patience
patience

Its funny how I have so much to say
when I should stay silent
but when I should speak fast
my lips are sealed

this is me
in jest
slow torture

and still I don't stop

it all moves too fast sometimes
way too fast
so I'll sleep
and I pray for a dream
and tomorrow I'll get back on track

eat
study
clean
write
communicate
collaborate
cook
practice
kiss
hug
write

and then I'll sleep...

but for this moment
I'm going to sit here
silently
listening to the rain
smelling the air

not thinking
not anything
never again

well
not until
the next time

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't call that bad poetry...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I should probably stop tagging all my poems under 'bad poetry'...

    ReplyDelete