Friday, September 18, 2009

random stuff


I think in life, everything you need is presented to you when you need it.
The tough thing is knowing what you need rather than what you want.
There are a lot of things that I want
but then
such is life

I'm very tired today. I slept on my couch last night hoping my son would sleep too, but just in case I left the room to my hubby so he could at least have one night of rest.
My son didn't oblige
And then my cats decided that start Feline WWIII in my living room (partly on me)
Tired - fun
I even napped and then went to yoga
which was AWESOME
Totally popped some vertebrae that have been bothering me all week
Yes - twisted eagle pose on your back is rad
And also sounds like an 80's hair metal band - TONIGHT! TWISTED EAGLE POSE!!
Then did some other stuff - made some homemade sauce with the rest of the garden tomatoes - bought some  organic stuff - hung out with the family.

Tomorrow I have a writing contest. It starts at noon and goes till noon the next day. I'm excited and perplexed - why?
GOOD QUESTION!
Because any other Saturday and I have nothing - this Saturday I have this contest, one of my friends is having a yoga class, right at noon, at her own spot (first time ever) and then I was invited to a meeting about a possible television writing gig...

sigh

you ask for one gift - then you get three
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

I can do this... I can do this...

I'm going to go look for other contests and writing gigs to chase after and study a little.

And in closing - this is totally random...
Years ago I saw this weird movie called "Curdled"
Every now and then it pops into my head... if you ever have a chance to see it, let me know what you think. It's weird and all about this woman's obsession with death.
I was once told that the woman who place the cab driver in Pulp Fiction (Esmarelda Villalobos) - that Curdled was supposed to be "her story" - personally I think that whom ever told me that realized the same actress played both parts...

Either way - it's a cool movie in a weird way!

I hope everyone has a great night!

2 comments:

  1. hoping your son soon obliges so everyone can get a few hours of good sleep in

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's a good thing he's cute or I'd have to chuck him to the curb... this waking up at midnight (and 2:45 and 5:15) is for the birds! ;)

    ReplyDelete