Thursday, November 12, 2009

ISSUE 2 - Letters to the Government



It's been over a week since Issue 2 passed in Ohio and I'm here to remind you to send a letter to the Ohio government about how we do not WANT Issue 2 and how we are angry about the wording they used on the ballot to confuse their people about what was REALLY going on.

I you don't think you can articulate your own letter - feel free to download this letter and mail it off.

I suggest "snail mail" because it means more when you take that extra time to stick it to the man.

Now! If you're not from Ohio that doesn't mean you shouldn't send a letter - that means you REALLY REALLY should because it will show the Ohio government that this hasn't gone unnoticed by the rest of the country and if you don't live in USA - EVEN BETTER!

Because then we're taking this globally and to be honest at some point this will affect you too.

Issues like Issue 2 are some of the reasons for the rise of meat related illnesses. You don't need to be a scientist to see that. Think back 20-30 years and tell me what you knew about e boli or mad cow then. You didn't because it didn't exist - at least not on this level.

So I implore you and I BEG you to take a moment to tell them that we want Issue 2 reversed and we're pissed off as all hell that it passed in the first place.

Do it for your kids, for you, for your family - it's the right thing to do and I can't do it without you.

Just follow this LINK and it will download the letter to you. (I saved it in MS Word)

3 comments:

  1. I have wriiten a couple letters, and sent some e-mails to knuckle heads in Columbus...And that little twit Kucinich...Sometimes I like him, sometimes I want to smother him with a pillow...

    The wording made me nuts...They do that so often on the ballots...Scum bags!

    Glad to see, you're still raising hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had a letter to the editor posted in my local newspaper. why couldn't i just forward that? who are we writing to, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you sent letters out Beeze! I agree, its ultra shady that they do this to us and I just think it's time that we change things.
    They always teach us that it's 'OUR' government, right? So then lets take it back.

    Anonymous - the letter you sent to your paper would be perfect. You could even cut out the letter and mail that so they know it was published for the world to see too.

    If you can mail it to Governor Ted Strickland at:
    Governor's Office
    Riffe Center, 30th Floor
    77 South High Street
    Columbus, OH 43215-6108

    or if you're from Ohio you could send a letter to your State Rep:
    http://www.house.state.oh.us/
    That link will take you to the Ohio House of Reps page so you can look up which Rep runs your area.

    Thanks for reading and THANK YOU for writing a letter.
    Every little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete