Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hibernation



This is where I'm at today:

I woke up this morning a little after 7am. In a panic I flew out of bed because I didn't mean to sleep a "little past" anything - if I wait too long I don't get breakfast - which I still haven't had. Add to that, there's this terrible "stitch" in my side that is inhibiting my breathing.

Yes, it's just THAT fun.

I figure I should do yoga, but... ah... but...

As the excuses roll out of me I find my way to here - my computer. I love my computer. I don't know how I ever lived without technology. I know I did - but still, the general idea just baffles me that at one point of my life I wasn't connected to the internet with my iphone in hand.

My life must have just been terrible. I'm fairly sure I just cried all the time.

(and I just dumped coffee on my lap...)

Moving on, by the time I made it downstairs, my husband is looking haggard because our son is on a sleep strike. (We figure he's attempting to save the whales or the ozone, in his efforts he's slowly killing his parents.) So I took the boy and tickled him for a good five minutes, chased him for ten more and then he collapsed on the floor and started to cry - which is a sign he needs at nap... at 7:45 in the morning?
My husband rushed past me to leave for work.

I sigh inwardly and then start mapping out my day:
- laundry
- christmas cards
- homework
- work work

and now I have a stick in my side AND panic in my heart...

Christmas
New Years
Family
Gifts
Shopping
Reading
Writing
Transcribing
Practice, practice, practice!
Crying babies
Laundry
Food...

So this is what I've come up with!
I'm going to go crawl into my closet and close my eyes for a bit.
Please wake me in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment