Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Top 15 Guilty Pleasure songs you would bring to a Desert Island!



This is a combo between two other blogs that I so nicely took and combined their ideas! First - The Couch Potato Chronicles & The BEEZEWAX!

Yes!

15 Guilty Pleasure songs you'd want on a DESERT ISLAND!

1. Jessie's Girl - I know every word to this song. As a female that was born in the last quarter of the 21st century I was on of the many women who wished that they were Jessie's Girl. (even after this last season of Californiacation... I have a whole different view on Rick
Springfield now...)

2. St. Mary - Rancid. Ok. So this (in my book) is't a 'guilty pleasure' song. But if I was stuck on a desert island I'd want to hear it. And then after the first year I'm sure I'd wish I had picked one
if the other Rancid songs I love. (from 2000 & eariler)

3. Desperato - The Eagles. I was with my husband for 7 years before I admitted I belted out the words to their songs when he wasn't with me.

4. Flash Gordon - Queen. Yes. One of the greatest bands ever, but most laugh at this number. Personally I can see myself running around pretending I AM Flash... And seeing I'm on a deserted island an
active imaginations not a bad thing.

5. Anything by Gerald Finzi. I like his concertos. Done and done.

6. Killing me softly - Roberta Flack. If you've read this blog you know I love this song. Not so much guiltly pleasure, but it'll be there on those lonely days on my tropical deserted island.

7. YMCA - the Village People. Desert island dance party!!

8. Dancing Queen - ABBA - refer to above.

9. A Better Son/Daughter - Rilo Kiley. Like to sing it.

10. Iron Man - Black Sabbath and I'd sing it like the kid down the street from me "I am Iron Man! Iron! Iron! Iron! Iron! Iron Man!"

11. Pleasant Valley Sunday - the Monkees. Cuz it's rad.

12. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson. I heart Miss Clarkson. GUILTY!

13. Lady Marmalade - I don't care who sings it, as long as it's being sung.

14. Touch of Gray - Grateful Dead. That's enough it get my husband to not talk to me for a week... But I'm assuming he won't be ON the island...

15. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor. My first band, the F-Bombs, this and Sweet Home Alabama somehow was played at every practice...

And there you have it! Have an awesome Christmas!!
-A

4 comments:

  1. Awesome song list. I could totally substitute some on my list for the Eagles, Queen, and Grateful Dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to choose from! I wish you could bring 1 iPod... :) or my iphone - but then I wouldn't be there longer than I wanted to... GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I got to this a little late...I'm behind this week...and last week...

    I'm not saying I love Jessie's Girl...I'm just saying I still know how to play it on guitar and bass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you watch Californication on Showtime? Rick Springfield was on this last season and played himself as a crazy coke snorting nympho - it was disturbingly funny.

    AND it's not that Jessie's Girls is my all time FAV song, but I know every word. lol, it's just one of those things...

    ReplyDelete