Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Top 15 Guilty Pleasure songs you would bring to a Desert Island!
The Couch Potato Chronicles & The BEEZEWAX!
15 Guilty Pleasure songs you'd want on a DESERT ISLAND!
1. Jessie's Girl - I know every word to this song. As a female that was born in the last quarter of the 21st century I was on of the many women who wished that they were Jessie's Girl. (even after this last season of Californiacation... I have a whole different view on Rick
2. St. Mary - Rancid. Ok. So this (in my book) is't a 'guilty pleasure' song. But if I was stuck on a desert island I'd want to hear it. And then after the first year I'm sure I'd wish I had picked one
if the other Rancid songs I love. (from 2000 & eariler)
3. Desperato - The Eagles. I was with my husband for 7 years before I admitted I belted out the words to their songs when he wasn't with me.
4. Flash Gordon - Queen. Yes. One of the greatest bands ever, but most laugh at this number. Personally I can see myself running around pretending I AM Flash... And seeing I'm on a deserted island an
active imaginations not a bad thing.
5. Anything by Gerald Finzi. I like his concertos. Done and done.
6. Killing me softly - Roberta Flack. If you've read this blog you know I love this song. Not so much guiltly pleasure, but it'll be there on those lonely days on my tropical deserted island.
7. YMCA - the Village People. Desert island dance party!!
8. Dancing Queen - ABBA - refer to above.
9. A Better Son/Daughter - Rilo Kiley. Like to sing it.
10. Iron Man - Black Sabbath and I'd sing it like the kid down the street from me "I am Iron Man! Iron! Iron! Iron! Iron! Iron Man!"
11. Pleasant Valley Sunday - the Monkees. Cuz it's rad.
12. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson. I heart Miss Clarkson. GUILTY!
13. Lady Marmalade - I don't care who sings it, as long as it's being sung.
14. Touch of Gray - Grateful Dead. That's enough it get my husband to not talk to me for a week... But I'm assuming he won't be ON the island...
15. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor. My first band, the F-Bombs, this and Sweet Home Alabama somehow was played at every practice...
And there you have it! Have an awesome Christmas!!