Tuesday, January 19, 2010

life in general!


Time just gets away from me these days. One second I think I have everything in control and the next second I've realized a week has passed and here I am - sleepless - because I feel behind and unprepared.

I've become vegan. I decided to take that last step that has been haunting me for a better part of my life. I've been a vegetarian for nearly 20 years (on and off, I've slipped up a few times) when a few months back a friend of mine posted this blog the thing is I KNEW this but I still took part in it. And then I just started doing more and more research - but the final straw was when I met Harold Brown a few weeks ago.

I felt like a uber hypocrite not wearing leather, eating meat or drinking milk, but still eating cheese (even though it made me sick) and eggs. So I took the vegan plunge.  Honestly, it's not that bad. (seeing my new favorite meal is facon with avocado, rice cheese and vegan mayo - it's probably not good either... but it sure is delicious!)

The hardest part are the people around me, but that's the hardest part with the yoga thing too. I keep getting hit with this wall of doubt filled with fabulous comments that compare me to a charlatan that's pushing my mystical wears on the general public. (ever notice how when you find something that makes you happy everyone around you wants to shit on your parade? or is that just my freaking luck...?)

Maybe I'm just the lucky one.

When I was a kid and people would ask me what I wanted when I grew up I'd say to be happy. And I feel like I am a lot more than I used to be.

How odd is it that when I come on here with one idea for a blog I never get to that topic?  Anywho! I'm sleepy, sleepless nights are back in my life and I have only 1 1/2 month of school left. I hope all is well with the rest of the world - TIME TO WORK!

2 comments:

  1. i think sometimes other people give you a hard time about things like that because deep down they are unnerved by the fact that they lack the ability/drive/courage to fundamentally change the way they live. don't get discouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is always a hard thing, but still it makes me sad that people would rather be 'safe' with being unhappy than willing to take the steps to reach that next level.

    If people spent the amount if time they did on making others feel like dirton making their life better, we'd all live in a very different world

    ReplyDelete