Monday, February 1, 2010

The countdown continues!


I came on here to post a blog and just spent the last hour reading other blogs. What does that mean? It means I probably have about 2 minutes until my son wakes up...

My weekend was a haphazard onslaught of joy that involved me finding out that my back injury from years ago has caused part of my vertebrae to seize up when I need it to do things like support me in inversions. I also found out that most people who act like jerks when they're 16 act the same way when they're 42 - granted I already knew that but I figured I should revisit it.

But it wasn't all negative. I'm sore in ways I can't explain to anyone on this planet (excluding others who are in my class, have taken yoga teacher training, or those people out there that think this is as much fun as I do. They already knnnnoooow the pain.) To give you an example of my weekend, I nailed this pose.


I was elated when it happened but my shoulders hurt because most of the poses we practiced this weekend were all bound - and what I mean by that is how her arms are. I also did a fun supported headstand twist - couldn't find a picture for you...

I only have one more weekend until I'm officially a Yoga Teacher! And that scares the ever living shit out of me. Besides that I've been working on my last 180+ days until my year long death meditation is over. I'm writing up a list of things I want to have accomplished before I "die" on August 9th. The list I have so far is short but includes:


  • Taking my son to Covered Bridge Pizza in Andover Ohio. I used to go there when I was a kid and I remember LOVING their pizza and I want him to try it too. 
  • I want to read "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. I started it years ago but moved in the process and never returned to it. I'm sad that I didn't because I remember liking it. 
  • Read more - a LOT more. Bye-bye TV
  • Write a novella
  • Land a Yoga Job
  • Become totally vegan
  • Have a poem published in a newspaper (feel free to suggest one that I've posted, I enjoy feedback)


And that's all I have for now... It's a good list in my opinion because besides that I have my family and friends I want to spend time with - and I think that's the point of this, to see what IS important so I can concentrate on that rather than stupid gossip and waaay too much television.

I have to say, I do blog better in my head when I'm laying in bed at night, but the invention of a "matrix" type brain plug so I can blog with out even moving my fingers or opening my mouth probably isn't a good thing. Mostly because I'd probably get myself into lots 'o trouble.

Some thoughts I best left snug and safe inside my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment