Saturday, February 6, 2010

No sleep and bad food makes -A a jazz hand loving dame...




Today has been a mixture of things.
It started off late last night as I was pained with the side effect of eating tainted food, that carried over to me missing school stuff but then happily turned over into catching up with an old friend.

That part was super nice.

But now I'm back in my annoyed state. No, it's no longer due to bad pad thai, but due to outside forces that I which I had never been part of.

I'm attempting to take these lemons in my life and make them into something I want to be. I want to be a writer and I want to be a yoga instructor. Part of me feels that I am, but no - I'm not done. I haven't come this far in this life to fall short.

I will not fall short.

I'm poor. (You already knew that)
I'm tired. (This is repetition too)
But I'm sassy and there's a fire burning in me and I want this. I want to be able to get what I need when I need and not worry if I'm going to have to sell my husbands kidney. (what? I have enough scars.)

I sit in the morning and I read the news and I see that this world is still in upheaval. I see that people are still losing their jobs. We are still at war.

AIG still thinks their people deserve big bonuses from the money that came out of OUR POCKETS.

What is wrong with this freaking world?

Let me just spell this out as simply as I can. ANYTHING IN EXCESSES IS ABUSE AND IT'S WASTEFUL. Stop being a dick and spread it around. Head down South to Mississippi and Louisiana and lend a hand to some of those folks. Yes, I know the Haiti thing is beyond terrible, but it'll be 5 years and there are STILL people suffering from Katrina. It'll also be 9 years and people are still suffering from 9-11.

That is directed to the owners of places like Wal-Mart. The "Mega" store filled with Mega crap we don't even Mega need.

(I'm extra sassy when I'm tired)

So in closing this is what I have for you tonight:
- Catching up with a friend you've had since you were 7 is amazing! ...that's almost 20 years!! heeheeeheee... (get it... cuz we're only 25... LOLOLOL!)
- Money is stupid
- Uber rich people, like the Walden's who exploit the lower classes is this country have black souls
- People in our country still need our help. Children need FOOD! Homeless need HOMES! And you don't need that extra pair of shoes...
- I will sign a copy of my book for you when it's done
- You will like it
- And then you can come to my yoga class to slowly become enlightened

In the end the only thing in this world that is for sure is that human stupidity and the universe are infinite... "and I'm not sure about the universe..." Albert Einstein.

SIDE NOTE: I know a few people who read this, but most days I pretend that only strangers read my blog. I know this isn't true. But I like my village of make believe, so I allow myself to turn a blind eye to who may really be visiting this site and reading my words.

That said - to all of you I know, I have known, or I kinda know - thank you. If we had a friendship once - thank you for that too. I'd like to say I 'know how I come across' but I don't. At the end of the day I'm just into the simpler side of life. I want to love, laugh and be remembered fondly.

I remember you fondly.

There is one single person on this planet I don't (well 2) and neither of them are an ex-boyfriend/husband. I know I will never be able to tell everyone, how I told my friend today, how much they mean/meant to me. But if I brought you close to me at some point - it mean volumes to me.

Thank you.

If you want to talk shoot me an email, find me on facebook or DM me on twitter.

2 comments:

  1. I'm attempting to take these lemons in my life and make them into something I want to be.

    The best advice I can give you:

    When life hands you lemons, make lemonade. Then, find someone whose life handed them vodka, and have a party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just sounds delicious! Lol!

    ReplyDelete