Thursday, February 25, 2010

Slack a doodle dandy!!





On Sunday, two of my fellow classmates and I are teaching a class to the rest of our class. Our theme is "The Warrior" (shooting at the wall of heart ache - bang - bang - I am the warrior! I AM THE WARRIOR!)
So I'm looking up quotes online to use in my portion of the class.... the problem is I'm  nervous talker so chances are I'll just banter my way through and then end with a bad impression of Yoda into my teacher's ear as I give her a manual adjustment, "Do or Do Not there is no TRY!!"

Then she'll fail me for my bad impression.

But I'm studying!
Is yoga a religion? NO
What are the 5 Tenents of Jivamukti Yoga? Ahimsa, Scripture, Bhakti, Meditation and Nada
Why do choosy mom's choose Jiff? Because of marketing campaigns and their kids addiction to high fructose corn syrup.

See! I know it all!!

Out side of that, I need to start my research for my book. I should do that now. No, I WILL do that in a second, but I wanted to share a little something with you.

My son has allergies and he's a picky eater - the two together make for a lot of fun and a lot of me cooking things to get him to eat a bit healthy without the fuss of "Hey sweetie, EVERYONE loves spinach" sure they do... but he'll eat bread - like fruit breads. So I make a lot of pumpkin, banana and sweet potato bread.

Yesterday I ventured out into apple. This is what I came up with:

Preheat oven to 350.

8 tbsp butter (or butter alternatives like earth balance soy butter substitute)
1 cup sugar (I use unrefined sugar, about 1/2 cup and 1/4 agave, which is like honey)
2 eggs (or 1/2 apple sauce or I use Ener-G Egg replacer. There is apple sauce in this already so you may want to use the Ener-G Egg if you're replacing them at all)
2 apples peeled and chopped. (I put mine in an electric chopper to get the bits small, but not sauced)
2 tbsp milk (rice and soy work too)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking power
1 tsp salt
1/4-1/2 cup cold water
1/2 apple sauce

cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling.

Start with the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another (sugar should go with the wet) then blend the two. Fold in the chopped apples and if you need to add a little more water - have at it.

Dump it in a pan - sprinkle with the cinnamon and sugar and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes.

**Note** I don't use a bread pan, I use a flat cake pan - its just easer for me, so it bakes faster. I find with baking times, trust your nose. If it smells done, it probably is. Test it with a toothpick (or a knife), if the toothpick comes out clean - your bread is done!

Let it cool and then eat it all up! YUMMY!

[**Another NOTE** Even before I gave up eggs I used apple sauce in my baking. I make the bread extremely moist and delicious. Another good thing for this is sour cream (regular or fake). Just a quarter cup will kick butt. Also, if this is for your child that won't eat his veggies, I also add multivitamins to this and I use wheat flour - it's better for your liver. ENJOY!]

And now - back to the WARRIOR! HEART TO HEART YOU'LL WIN! IF YOU SURVIVE!! THE WARRIOR!  THE WARRIOR!!

the end

2 comments:

  1. The bread looks delicious - I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you think! You may have to play around with the water, oh! Or you could use apple jucie. That would be yummy!

    ReplyDelete