Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Yoga Class and Green Beer

I want to write this morning, but I feel I should be preparing for my class at 12:30. I need to meditate, read, relax and prepare.

I'm nervous. Can you tell?

Monday I taught my friend, which was nice, but today I'm hoping for actual students. Oh, students! Wonder what that will be like? LOL.

I started this week of with the intention of speaking about Satya, which is the second yama in yoga and it means "truthfulness." While I was still in training I spoke about Ahimsa or "non-violence" so I'm making my way through the "10 Commandments" of yoga (if you will) but lucky for me there are only 5 yamas.

:)

Next week: Asteya or "Non-Stealing"
Then: Brahmacharya - "Moderation" (or celibacy for the extremist)
And finally: Aparagrah - "Non-Position" just in time for the "Spring Cleaning" season!

Then I will make it over to the niyamas:
Saucha - purity
Santosh - Contentment
Tapas - Austerity
Swadhyaya - Study
Ishvar Pranidhana - Surrender

So you should come join me and get all sweaty as I talk about being honest to yourself!

Outside of the yoga madness I'm embracing today, it's also St. Patrick's day. Last year I went to the park with my son, this year - yoga, meditation and getting past page 55. I also think I'm going to go for a walk and then read a bit.

My week began with chaos mixed with all the lovely feelings of self doubt I tend to carry in my heart. I don't know why I'm so hard on myself. I've been trying to figure that out for years. I've actively forgave myself for some human mistakes I've made, so I guess the only thing I can do is wait longer.

Time heals all wounds, even the ones you think are impossible to heal.

Maybe it's the uncertainty of my future? Uncertainty is a hard thing - not having a known finish line is a hard thing. So, once again, I'll wait. I'll sit and meditate and wait and I'll see what comes next.

I'm hoping that I'll unexpectedly come into a few hundred thousands dollars so I can relax a bit more in that area... maybe I'll meditate on that... hmm... and then I'll eat.

Hope you have a wonderful and safe St. Patrick's Day!
And if you are from the area, come and detox with me for an hour from 12:30-1:30 at Traditional Martial Arts on Engle Road, in Middleburg Heights.

I bow to you - Namaste
OM
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment