Thursday, June 17, 2010

Before you go, go

I made the decision the other day to do two things - write and train for a marathon...

(Now ask me about my thighs. Holy hell are they sore.)

These decisions came to me as I fell into another one of my ever so glorious self deprecating moments. Sitting, listlessly on my couch as I conceded to succumb to the nothings I like to list as my life achievements, I had a kick in the ass. It came in the from of a blog (shocker) and here is the post.

Granted, it didn't hurt that the last 4 or 5 yoga classes I've taught were met with euphoric rounds of applause. (Each class I received calls, texts and/or emails telling me how great it was. Yes, that is me floating way up there.) Added to that my teacher, has been calling me asking me to sub for HER. WOWZERS! Honestly, what is more gratifying than your teacher asking you to sub for her? Not much.

This moment is great.
With the cat out of the bag about us moving, added to relishing in my teachers indirect compliments mixed with the direct ones of my students on top of the 61,000 words I have laid down on the path to (finally) finishing the first draft of my novel, and not forgetting the intense workout I did yesterday in preparations for a 1/2 marathon in September...
Yes, this is a good one.

....

Now, to comment on the fact that I only have 52 days left of my year long meditation of me learning to be me to the point I'm comfortable enough to die at that moment...

I suppose mostly I am.
I have yet to write those letters. I think I'll do that tonight. I slept poorly due to them not being written last night - out of the blue they popped into my head...

52 days... how fast time flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment