Monday, June 14, 2010

Meatless Monday, MyHealth.co, World Cup, Working & Writing - a.k.a. MY LIFE

It's the phenomenon that is sweeping the nation! (at least it should be) MEATLESS MONDAY! How great is this? I was discussing the whole lifestyle of a vegan/vegetarian when I went out on Friday with some of my friends. You see, I do it for the kids, meaning the animals. That is my reason for being Vegan/Vegetarian. But there are other reasons to do the whole "Meatless Monday" change of life.

Weight and Health!

So try it! Once a week, don't eat meat. It's not that hard. (Trust me. I just feels hard because it's what your used to. In the end though, it will make you feel better and you will be better off for it!)

In honor of Meatless Monday I'm going to post a FABULOUS recipe for you that I found on this wonderful Vegan blog (called Vegan Yum Yum. There is also an app for it.)


SINCKERDOODLES!!

(Yummy, yummy cookies)

You will need:

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Earth Balance (vegan butter substitute)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Prepared Ener-g Egg-Replacer Egg
1 1/2 Cups Flour (non-bleached)
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Cinnamon Sugar for rolling


Cream sugar, Earth Balance and Vanilla extract together. Prepare the Ener-G Egg by following directions on the package instructions ( 1 1/2 tsp powder whisked with 2 TBSP Hot Water until foamy), add it to the Earth Balance and Sugar Mixture.  Whip (or whisk) it all up until it's light and fluffy!

Whisk the dry ingredients together. Add 2.3 of the dry ingredients to the whipped mixture and whip until combined. Add in the remaining flour and mix by hand. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. 

Preheat oven to 375*

When dough is chilled, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a #40 ice cream scoop, make balls of dough (each ball will be made with 2 TBSP of dough if you don't have a scoop). Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar. 

NOW SQUISH THEM! Using a fork (or whatever you want), squish the dough into cookie shapes.

Bake at 375*F for 10 minutes for chewy cookies, 12 minutes for crunchy. Remove from oven and let sit for 30 seconds. They'll be soft with they come out of the oven, but that's just fine! Gently remove cookies from the baking sheet and let cool for a few minutes on a wire rack before serving. 

[Here is the link to the Vegan Yum Yum blog and this recipe - I just copied it. Why mess with perfection?]

Moving on...
It's that time of year! Normally you won't hear me talk sports. I leave that up to my friendly Sports Bloggers (The Beezewax, The Panthers Playbook,  3rd Stone from the Sun - just to name a few) But I actually watch a lot of Soccer (aka Futbol), at least I did before I had to cancel the portion of my cable because of cost and seeing that I'm American means its not on any other channel... 
SO! The World Cup means I can watch some awesome matches on my couch not on my computer!

Saturday England vs US - it ended in a draw, which a lucky thing for us old Yanks... but I still feel back for England's goalie... that just had to sting. If you don't know what I'm talking about - here's a recap.



Moving on. In my everyday normal life (if you can call it that) I went for a retail job interview last Wednesday. It was 7 minutes long and I didn't get the job. This kind of stinks because I'm a fan of food (hence the recipe) and paying bills.... OK, so I'm NOT a fan of paying bills, but I AM a fan of not having creditors call me daily - which they do. 

So I'm looking for online jobs now because I'm trying to keep my son close for as long as I can. There are only so many years I can just squeeze him before he starts saying things like, "Mooommmmm! People can see you!"

But the money thing is also important because my husband and I have decided it's time to get out of dodge (cleveland) and move the fam cross country, to L.A.


I apologize if this is your way of finding out we made this decision. I know we haven't been able to contact everyone we care about, but I've been dying to make this announcement for a LONG time so here it is!

Our set date is next Spring - so we can raise the funds to get there... Feel free to donate (look to your left) we would all be greatly appreciative in the "Weekly Adventure" house hold!

This move has hurt/angered a few, but when you have a dream I think you need to go after it. After knowing my husband for less than a month I knew he wanted to move to L.A. - it's been close to 10 years now and it's time. I can do my yoga/writing thing and he can work on his writing TV/Movie thing and I think that's awesome. Scary, yes, but awesome none the less.

I hope you all will support us on this move - all the good vibes we can get! THANK YOU!



Beside that a friend of mine and I decided to give another dream a go.  It's called My Heath and we are pitching it on Pitch.co. This is a contest where if we win we'll receive $50,000 in start up funds to make it work. We need votes!!! And yes, this is me asking for your help AGAIN!! (promise to get your back!)
Just follow this link - http://pitch.co/entry/57609 - and vote for us. Or at least go on and read what we're about!! 

As for writing, I'm still trying... I'm at a bit of a lull in my story and I need to go back and rework some stuff, which feels like suicide to me. I think I should finish the fist draft and then just do a massive over haul (advice/ opinion is much welcome in this and all topics of this post).

I hope the world is treating you all fabulously! I'm off to work on some freelance stuff before my son wakes up and then it's bye-bye computer time for me!

Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

KISSES!
~ME



No comments:

Post a Comment