Thursday, June 3, 2010

What ever happened to...

Back when I was a kid, from time to time you'd see one of these treasures on the road. Yes, I'm speaking about the painted vans out there - but back then I didn't realize they were a gift. Today I do.

I was driving to work tonight and out of the corner of my eye I saw this van that I thought had an awesome wizard-esk image on the side only to lower my speed to find it was rust and a door that didn't match.

I was sad.

What happened to the love of painting over sized wizards with lighting or safari animals on your cargo van?
Oh past... how I miss thee.


2 comments:

  1. What happened to the vans? They've graduated to late 90's Chevy Caprices with big ass wheels and goofy colors and logos all over them - which is sad, because I miss the vans too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What imagination was lost the day the vans stopped sporting fantasy scenes on them...

    ReplyDelete