Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Woopsie! Life moved to fast this week!

Look at me dropping the ball on Meatless Monday... Don't I feel like a dork!

SO - MEATLESS TUESDAY! (brought to you by me - Ms. Weekly Adventures)

I found this great article I thought I should pass on. It's all about how to "veganize" your FAVORITE recipes. It gives you substitutes to use for different dishes and desserts, which is always nice. You can read about it here...

Seeing that I dropped the ball I'm going to give you a delicious homemade BBQ sauce recipe you can whip up right quick for this lovely 4th of July holiday weekend and then take the time to work on a decent "Meatless Monday" post that will be posted on (or before) next Monday.

DE-lish BBQ SAUCE

1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 Cup Molasses
1/4 Cup Vinegar
1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
2 TBSP (vegan) Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp Tabasco

Combined. Let it sit for at least 24 hours (the longer the better) then EAT IT! 
NOW... If you're me and you really want BBQ Sauce and you don't have any in the house an you look at that recipe and you don't have exactly what they list - you can do this:

1 Cup Chili Sauce
1/2 Cup Molasses
1/4 Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Spicy Brown Mustard
2 TBSP (vegan) Worcestershire Sauce
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 tsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce

And you know what...?? It's still darn delicious! Next time I think I'm going to use Apple Cider Vinegar and we'll see about the other ingredients. My cupboards are rather bare... (seriously, but an eye pillow already)

Outside of that I've been distracted lately. Too much on the table has ran me thin and I'm behind on regular tasks (and annoying people I've promised that I'd do things for them that I haven't done because I never have the time to do things because I'm doing too many things... does any of this make sense?)

Today I was attuned to the first level of Reiki, this means I can now heal you besides coax you into a lifestyle of meditation, contemplation and exercise. (I'm weighing my options on a few other things but we'll see... I'm not even ready to reveal it to you... my dearest confidants... all those millions of you out there.)

I've been working hard on my book but every time I find a moment to write life comes at me fast and not in a funny commercial way - no, in a "suck all my spare time out of the day" way. I'm headed there after this. But it's hard because no matter how many times I say, "This is important" I'm made to feel guilty that I'm neglecting things in my life and then I feel torn.

Torn between this reality that I'm not 100% fond of an my dreams I refuse to give up on.

This has been coming up a lot as of late. "Dreams v Reality" I pick dreams every day of the week. I want it to be my reality. I want to hold my book in my hands and say to myself, "Go you. You did it, sweetheart."

That said, I bit you adieu. I need to write, before it's too late.

Good Night
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment