Monday, July 26, 2010

poetry

when you stare death in the face
what do you think you will see
will it be your family
or someone you loved dearly
or will you find you're really all alone
as each step bring me closer
and I allow myself to look at
me
I'm not really sure it will matter
All I can see is that I am done
with this journey and ready to embark
on the next one
when the world is fresh and new
and I have new karmas to carry
I try to unload that burden now
so next time the climb won't be so high
one day I'll get there
I'll sit under my own tree
I'll find my own truth
I will know that I did right by myself
and it won't matter what is there
I hope for love
I'll take peace
but most of all I'll enjoy the rest

I'm just that tired.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece. This line - "as each step bring me closer and I allow myself to look at me" - has so much truth in it. What is life but a discovery of self? It's not always an easy discovery, but every day we get closer to the end, the more inclined we are to take a it a little more seriously.

    ReplyDelete