Thursday, July 15, 2010

What I love


I love walking in my side door and seeing a pair of tiny little shoes
black, red and blue with flashers on them
I love my dinning room
Torn apart - table against the wall
there is more room to run
more room to be free
more room to be
markings of crayon on the floors
windows
chairs
walls
I love the bits of cheerios broken down
smashed into our one good rug

I love to wake up super early
when the world is still hitting snooze
the coffee filling my house with a fragrance so fine
most perfumes lose to its basic allure
it yells perfection
as it bid me a hello

I love the sky as it transforms into something new
a new day
a new meaning
something that is beyond everything else
the slate wiped clean
begging you onwards
forward
Until you come to another night
the moon
the stars
the thoughts that make you
you

I love...
Oh how I love

I love chalk marks
giggles
crying
diapers
bananas
oatmeal
crayons
sunshine
the moon
shedding cats
barking dogs
gardens fill with squash

I love it all
and I love this song
me and the devil
by gil scott-heron

me and the devil
walking side by side....

good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment