Thursday, August 26, 2010

Life List



After spending the last year concentrating on my life, looking at it as if it was the last year I would be on this planet in this body, I will admit I learned a lot about myself. It was interesting and something I would suggest to everyone to try at least once in your life. 


Maybe not a whole year, but even a few months, because when you learn about yourself - about who you really are - suddenly life gets easier. It's a hard road, after many years of believing what others have firmly convinced you of, when you see the real deal you may not know what to do with yourself.


And that is why I'm still working out some issues since I've done my meditation. I still wrestle with some of the new me - old me things ways of doing things wondering if this weird awkward period will ever end and I'll be able to stop walking with each of my feet on the opposite side of a big old yellow line that seems to be separating my emotional/ spiritual/ everyday life into two. 


SO - until I get there. Until I come to a place where I am anchored to the side I want to be on - I've made a decision. 


Enter the "Life List"


Starting on this Sunday, August 29th, I will take the next 365 days to complete 50 things off my life list. I am going to post some of them on here. I haven't counted so I'm not sure if there are 50, but if you know me you'll know I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to life so give me five minutes and I'll have about 20 new things I want to try before I die. Before I add those, I'll just start with these:



  1. Write a book
  2. Have said book published
  3. Go skinny dipping (as an adult)
  4. Start a successful business
  5. Sun bathe on a beach in the south of France
  6. Have a poem published in a notable magazine (like the new yorker),
  7. Create an awesome video & post it on YouTube (pet rock)
  8. Move to LA
  9. Finish my back tattoos
  10. See the northern lights
  11. Write-record & get a song on the radio
  12. Fly a kite
  13. Fly first class
  14. Hit a bulls eye on a dart board
  15. Get my pilots license
  16. Go camping & sleep outdoors
  17. See a meteor shower
  18. Run a marathon
  19. Learn how to ice skate
  20. Brazil Jesus statue!
  21. Visit Charles Bukowski's grave
  22. Learn to surf
  23. Learn a second language & use it
  24. See the grand canyon & other Americans road stops
  25. Convince 5 people to become vegan
  26. Tie enough balloons to my house so that it looks like the cover of the UP! DVD
  27. Meet the President of the US
  28. See the bats in Austin TX
  29. Go scuba diving
  30. Stand on every continent
  31. Wii fit yoga
  32. Ride on a motorcycle
  33. Galley show of my photography
  34. Make the perfect garden salsa
  35. Visit the Vatican
  36. Learn & be photographed doing Scorpion pose.
  37. Be financially secure
  38. Stand in Dr Who TARDIS
  39. Write/Publish a comic
  40. Speak my mind
  41. Cook for a large crowd
  42. Go to dirty dancing resort
  43. Water ski
  44. Drive across the country
And now I know that my list is short - so I'll have to add a few things... But last year was for dying and this next one is for living! If you know me and want in on this let me know. The more the merrier! Life is to short to sit back and do nothing.

I'm off! Have a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment