Friday, December 3, 2010

How to be a sneaky blogging thief!


Well, I came on here to write and then I did so, and then I hit the wrong button and it all went away. Yes... technically errors just adding another level of 'UGH' to a week of 'BLURG!'

I've neglected this lovely blog of mine and I do miss it. I feel she is a great friend and sometimes life gets in the way and you neglect your great friends. This is a terrible thing, but it's true. 

The last time I came on here I posted about how I was going to keep writing things that I'm grateful for and then after Thanksgiving I found myself just keeping my grateful list "in house" meaning they're locked away inside my journal. I write in my journal every day, some times two times a day, and I find in hard times - such as these - it helps me keep my head on straight and to keep going. 

It helps me to change the perspective I have in my life, because while you can't change the world around you (all the time) you can change your perspective. That is for sure. 

So what does this have to do with me being a thief? Well, I didn't actually go out and take another man's blog and call it my own - but I am taking an idea from it. A friend of mine write a blog called Confessions of a Lazy Scribe and yesterday he posted a list of 25 things about him. I found that I could relate to a lot of things on his list so I thought I'd do my own. (also this blog pretty much is an all about "me" fest, so it just makes sense to list things about ME!)

So here you go:

25 Things you may not all ready know about me:

  1. When I was a child my fear of heights was so bad that I couldn't step up one rung on a ladder. When I was in high school I decided this was unacceptable and made a friend of mine take me into the catwalks of our high school stage. It was terrifying but I was proud of myself for doing it. When I finally climbed down (climbing down is the worst part about heights) I found out the catwalks were original to the school - meaning they were over 40 years old. I never went up again out of fear the decrepit wool would give and kill me - a lot. 
  2. Five years ago one of my husbands friends asked me if I ran or exercised. I told him the only way I ran was if someone was chasing me. - I now work out daily and by workout I mean practice asasna of yoga.
  3. I write every day. Either blogging, journaling, working on my book, writing poems or music. I write every day because if I don't I feel like I've failed. 
  4. I care way too much about what others think about me. Almost every single life altering mistake I've made has happened because I refused to listen to that little voice in my head and the feeling in my gut because I was scared if I didn't do it no one would like me. 
  5. I have really bad self esteem. It's the reason I joke about everything - I hide behind humor. I hide behind sarcasm. Because when I do that I feel like no one can tell that I'm shaking inside. 
  6. I give myself pep talks every day and let me tell you it's beginning to work. It's taking a long time but I'm much more stable than I used to be. I don't fall back into bad habits as I once did. If I do, it's conscious at this point. Yes - some days I choose to make bad choices, but don't we all?
  7. I started smoking when I was 13 with one of my girlfriends I play basket ball with. We'd wait till after practice and hide behind the gym and smoke. That's more than half my life of smoking and more than half my life of trying to quit. Then one day I met my son and I went from a pack a day to 1 a month - maybe. 
  8. I've always loved to drink but never really got drunk until I was in my mid-to late 20's. Outside of that I've never really done much else and never wanted to. I was put on strong pain killers for a wrist surgery I had when I was 16 and found that I like them too much and cut myself off. If you see me taking pain killers there has to be something super wrong because I really don't like the idea of dependency. 
  9. I no longer like to drink. When I do it's rare and its normally with the people I used to drink with. When I spend time with my other friends I have coffee, tea or water. (and the coffee and tea are decaf)
  10. I love sci-fi. I LOVE SCI-FI!! I FREAKING LOVE SCIENCE FICTION! 
  11. If I could own 2 archers of land and house and a horse I would in a second.
  12. I can't spell to save my life. 
  13. <- this is my favorite number because it was my due date. I was due October 13th. How rad would that have been?
  14. I like to drive and I like to drive fast. 
  15. I like Small Faces but I can't stand Rod Stewarts solo work. He makes me want to pull my hair out. I don't know why - he just does.
  16. I like to quote Television shows, the only problem with this is that I don't watch shows my friends and family like and I never have so no one ever knows what I'm talking about. 
  17. I love social media - all of it! Facebook, blogging, twitter, four square, you name it - I think it's awesome. And I don't understand people who don't like computers and social media. It just confuses me.
  18. I LOVE meeting new people! And I don't care who they are. Old,  young, big, small, rich or poor - I think every person you meet can give you a little insight to life you may have missed out on.
  19. I like to be awake when the worlds asleep because there is a lot to learn from silence
  20. I don't like talking on the phone. I will but I'd rather talk face face. 
  21. I want to travel around the world with my son and husband. I want to save up a bunch of money and just go and never look back. 
  22. When I was little I wanted to join the Navy and become a fighter pilot. I wanted to fly the f-18 Hornet or the f-15 Eagle and then I discovered the SR-71 Blackbird and I fell in love. In 1991 when the Air Force decommissioned the plane I sat on my bed talking on the phone to my friend Gilbert (really his name) crying. 
  23. I gave up on the military career when I found out I would never be able to fly fighter jets because of my eyes and my gender (it was the 80s) and that is when my love of Russia began, because they allowed woman to fight in the military. We now do that - but when I was little woman didn't fight, not like they do now. 
  24. I think that Russia is one of the most fascinating countries out there. I think their history is outstanding from their origins with the Vikings to the fact the named themselves the Third Rome (after Rome and the Byzantine empire) then to their adoption of Communism and embracing athismn. That's just a few things. I could talk about Russia for hours. 
  25. I believe in ghosts because I've seen them.
Now I'm off! Time to write and clean and shower and change and all in the next hour and a half!! Tell someone you love them today and be grateful for all the adventures in your life!

HUGS!
-Aryn

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know that I inspired you to do this, and I'm glad that I read it. It's nice to learn little quirks about others, it makes me feel not so weird when I think about my own.

    You're right on about the worst part of heights being the trip down. My God that scares the crap out of me! I think I've figured out my fear though, because I'm afraid to climb a ladder, but not afraid to fly in an airplane.

    I think my fear is falling off the ladder, more so than it is the heights issue, because if I am in a plane crash, I'm probably dead anyway, so there's nothing to really fear (except death, and I'm already afraid of that). But if I fall off a ladder, I might become paralyzed, or suffer really bad injuries that don't kill me, and I have to suffer through the pain. Now that I've figured this out I think I'm even weirder than I thought before...

    I started smoking when I was 18 because a friend offered me a cigarette. It took me 9 years to finally quit, and I only quit because my son is allergic to cigarette smoke. Looking back, I'm glad I did.

    I also want to travel the world, except I want to do it with my wife and kids, not your husband and son. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way about planes. I'm 100% fine and the same with the falling. I normally tell people I'm afraid of falling because honestly going up is fine it the ideas that coming down there's that sudden stop I wasn't built for that scares me. Now it's gotten to the point where I even get vertigo. That's AWESOME! LOL.

    3 years ago I went to Coney Island with a GF and she convinced me to go on the Wonder Wheel, not once but twice. I went on the normal one were you just go and round and the ones where the car slides back and forth. Each time I'd get all psyched up and then I'd get inside and they'd start the ferris wheel and I held on and screamed. LOL... oh my poor friend.

    I don't blame you for wanting to go with your wife and kids, honestly I think it would be less awkward for all involved if we just went with our own spouses... Well, or it could end up being just some crazy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot all about your fear of heights, and that day you tried to rid yourself of that fear...

    Now, because of you and B-dub, I'll be posting one of these soon...

    Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still would like to get over this fear of falling, but never again will I go traipsing around in the ancient flyes of a high school stage... for many, many reasons.

    Can't wait to read your list!

    ReplyDelete