Monday, February 14, 2011

The mighty mississippi metaphor of a life time!

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. That is just a matter of fact. At the end of the day the essence of who we are is a combination of our thoughts and actions. They say, "You are what you eat." This is true just as you are what you think - there for you are entitled to your own opinion because it molds you into the person you are.

I look at life like a river - something along the lines of the Mississippi, because of how it uniquely metamorphosis terrain from state to state. Hell, from mile to mile, the vast beast that is the Mississippi can be dry in one spot an a bottomless pool the next. Samuel Clemens coined his pen name Mark Twain from his work on this monstrous river when he was a mere boy who's job was to measure the depth of the murky brown water, ensuring river boats could make it from their launch to dock.

See. It's just like life. Up, down, back, forth, left, right = life.

But one thing that amazes me about any great rivers like the Mightly Mississippi is how there are always pockets of stillness. A pool of water that's surface looks like glass - yes even the Mississippi sometimes just - stops.

But don't let this fool you, for in the next moment she will rear her cloudy head and flood your basement if you are standing to close to her shores. But maybe that isn't a bad thing. Maybe it was time you unloaded the basement of all those things you forgot you owned anyway?

Change it the greatest thing out there that we can do for ourselves. Evolve into a better version of who you are and rise to the next challenge, yes, this is how I feel I'm meant to live with my life. At times my life pools into a stagnate body, but that's not an issues, well, unless I choose to stay there too long.

Change.

It happens even if you don't want it to, so I say get out there and create it! No, it may not turn out how you expected it to, but it could turn into something even greater.

That's where I am in my life and that is where I have been in my life for the last four years. Change.

New house, new baby, new career, new everything! I even weight 30lbs less than I did 4 years ago and I've grown an inch - it's a whole new me and STILL it's changing!

There are days I'm copacetic with it, with all the change, and then there are days I want to yell at the heavens that I can't take any more! The one thing we all know is that change usually mean something tumultuous is also occurring - that is the part I can do with out. I can do with out the nay-sayers.

Seriously. It's tacky. When someone you know, kinda know, or have heard of - when they are doing something that makes them smile it's tacky to attack them and say what they are doing it terrible. If you don't like it, then don't be part of it. DON'T SAY ANYTHING. Getting all half cocked and spouting off your mouth with your sky high ideals is just irritating.

But you're entitled to your own opinion, and I to mine.

~sigh~

Life is a very fun thing, if you let it be and I try to let it be. Even when it's bad, I try to learn from it and move forward. I try not to stay to long in those stagnant pools, and not because it's just "too good" for me, but because of what happens to water when it sits too long - it smells terribly. It rots and it evaporates - which just leads to some change I refused to acknowledge I needed.

Yes - this is a big old "VENT!!!" - that's all it is. It's simply my opinion... and in my opinion I really need to get to work. Soon the nap will be over.

Remember the next time you hear something that makes you stand back and gasp - maybe you need to not say anything at all, because maybe, just maybe - it's not about you. :)

Much love
-Aryn

2 comments:

  1. I've given your blog an award! Come check it out! http://hungrigyrl.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award-for-moi.html#links

    ReplyDelete