Thursday, March 17, 2011

As we tell people about moving there is always one things that we're asked. What will you miss? To be honest, I don't feel I'll be able to answer that until after I'm gone and and have a chance to be gone long enough to be away.

That said there are a few things I will miss, and here is one: LAKEWOOD PARK

 I've been going to this park since I was a little girl. Every year this is where we'd watch the fireworks on the 4th of July and they had/have these big bench swings my grandmother loved to swing on as we played on the grass.

In high school I went here to hide, because my school was in the next lot to the park. The school is still there, but it's not a grade school, my high school closed a while back. 

Over the years I've always come back here to think. To watch the water. To hide from my life. 

This is what is left of what it looked like back when I was in high school:
That area is now blocked off due to sinking into the lake :)

But they made it all pretty for the kids on the block - like my boy:


I'm sure there is another park out there that I will love, but nothing will replace Lakewood Park in my heart.

On a side note... seriously I totally knew it was a 1970 Dodge Charger... the movie came out in 1971! HOW COULD IT BE A '79?!! lol


4 comments:

  1. Good ole Lakewood Park...I forgot about how many memories I have there, until I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went through my divorce I went to Lakewood Park all time. It was before the nice renovation with the beautiful brick walkway. I remember going once and it was locked off so I hopped the fence and went down anyway. There is something about the water that calms me. Even thinking about it makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I figured you hit the wrong button on the year. But it's a CHALLENGER. Not a Charger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? You don't have a Charger & Challenger button on your computer? ;)

    Thank you for the correct, and I will no longer discuss cars! the end

    ReplyDelete