Saturday, March 12, 2011

DAY 1 - Counting down to 202


Life has a funny way of changing plans for you - even though you desperately don't want those plans to change...

As you know, or may know, my husband and I decided to move our family out to California and to take up residence in Los Angeles. Our time line has changed before due to money, jobs... life but we committed ourselves to be out of here (Ohio) by mid-summer, until last night.

Back in 2008, before this quest was realized, we bought a house and back in 2008 President Obama was handing out a nice lump sum of cash to new home owners and we signed up! Yesterday we learned, if you did sign up for the Obama Money (as we call it) we can't sell our house unless we've lived here for 3 years - which would be the end of August 2011 - and now we're stuck here to September.

202 Days is my goal.

Seeing that I have no choice but to stay in Ohio that gives me two choices - I can sit around an wallow in self-pity about how I don't want to be here and haven't for a while -OR- I can set my sights on L.A. among the other goals I have set for myself.

#1 - finishing my book
#2 - writing for a few magazines
#3 - yoga workshops
#4 - help bringing awareness & compassion to animal cruelty (which may tie in with #3)
#5 - ... ... ... ... <- still afraid I'll jinx that one if I say it out loud (it's job related)

So here it is. In the next 202 days I will accomplish all of these things.
Are you with me world? Are you ready to watch this?

I asked last September what the American Dream is, is it dead, I say it's not - MY American Dream is NOT DEAD - it's this. It's getting to L.A. and becoming the Mother/Wife, Writer & Yogini I crave to be.

Day 1 - Today is my husband's birthday. Today I will make sure he has a great birthday (even though he's working right now) - so I'm off to the store.

Hope you enjoy my journey, frustrations, celebrations and everything in between! Probably can't be on here every day, but I'm going to share this with you - this dream - to show you (& me) that the American Dream isn't dead & that even in the middle of all this chaos you can still reach your obtain your dreams and reach your goals.

So what do you say? See you in L.A. by September 30th 2011! I'll be the one smiling uncontrollably standing on the Santa Monica Pier.


2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! I love it! How exciting that you're moving out of Ohio! And to California of all places! AWESOME!

    PS. Where do you teach yoga? I live in Akron, but would always be willing to drive for a good class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We're excited and nervous too.

    I work in Lakewood at a place called Acenda Yoga on Thursday nights at 7:30, in Middleburg Heights on Wednesdays at 12:30p and I work out of a senior building on Mondays in Lakewood. It's not senior yoga, just a nice group of people that offered me a spot to work out of! Thats 5-6 & 6:30-7:30.

    Thank you again for reading! Have a wonderful nigh!

    ReplyDelete