Sunday, March 13, 2011

People... why must they suck?

Life.

I'm not sure what to make of it most days. I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think I'm out of my mind. I look at this world around me - all the nouns that are littered here and there - and they seem to be surrounding me, trapping me, over the last few weeks. I see this goal as an opportuinity to get my butt in gear and to lay out my plan to reach the goals that I've been wanting to reach for some time, and then there are the speed bumps...

Yes - ONE DAY!! WOOHOO! And my crazies get the better of me.

It's not that anything changed, it's that my "list" keeps growing and growing. Between the normal cleaning, bill pay, being a mom and a yoga teacher... then adding the writing and others I have human contact with. (some I adore... others = muck)

That's what gets me. People.

When I was a kid I had the "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." idea implanted into my brain, but as an adult I think the soul of that sentence goes a bit further. If you can't say something nice, yes, do in fact keep your mouth shut - to everyone. Don't poke at a situaion you know nothing about and most of all realize this world doesn't revolve around you.

Who is still not understanding that concept?

Concentrating on your own life should never lead you to some delusional idea that everyone else is too. I look at my life like a giant set of instructions "Insert Tab A into Slot B" and then keep moving. Most days I don't even assume people KNOW I exist, not until someone comments on something I've done, written, a class I've taught, etc. In that same vein, I assume people feel the that way about their lives too, which is nice until I'm proven wrong.

Have a little pride in yourself.
Know what you have and were you are is good enough for now for now. Yes, you can keep moving forward to better yourself and finally become the "tomorrow you" that you so deeply desire to be, but it should never be at another persons expense.
Don't like someone? Keep your mouth shut - realize that actions speak louder than words so keep your body in check too.

I wish well to those around myself. I know life isn't a contest and in completely honesty the only person I'm taking to the mat in this 202 day challenge is me - not even my husband or son are invited to this next level of lunacy I have mapped out in my head.

Oh the frustrations of giving a damn about what others think!

I need to work on that. Whats that Dr. Suess quote? "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who don't matter mind."

I need to write, and to write and to write a bit more... Time to tackle that list!


No comments:

Post a Comment