Saturday, May 28, 2011

Time to get to getting!

In the book of Matthew (yes - that book) in chapter 6, verse 24, it states "No one can server two masters." (and then it goes on to talk about separation between god and money... hmm... I wonder if the church has read this passage...?? ANYWAY!)

It has now been a week since the 2nd attempt at the rapture (see Rapture 1994 for the 1st missed attempt) and I've decided to sit here and quote the bible, mostly because I remember hearing the same quote from Mark Twain. (on polygamy)

But in the end, I've decided this applies to my life. It's a battle I've struggled with for a long time. I, like many, try to do too much and end up spreading my efforts so thin I can't do anything. I've made my choice and that choice is writing.

This doesn't mean you'll see more of me on here - it just means all that spare time I've been dedicating to other things will now be switched over to writing. Finishing and editing the first and then starting the second book.

The time has come to stop trying to be a thousand things I'm kinda good at.
The time has come for all of us to make a choice. We live in a time when we have very little. It's become the standard to file for bankruptcy. The economy sucks and we don't have a WWII on the horizon to pull us from the brink - so hey - may as well do what we love.

I may as well do what I love.

So this is me announcing my book - The Hope Saints.
It will be finished this weekend and while my lovely cousin does me the honor of pointing out holes and flaws I'm staring to work on the second outline and marketing for everything.

I've been writing since I was 7.

Time to stand at the plate and hit this one into the bleachers...

Time to write!!

-A

2 comments:

  1. Where do I pre-order a copy? I'm looking forward to reading it when it's complete.

    You have your goal in sight. Reach out and take it. There's nothing stopping you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! I'll let you know when it's ready for reading!

    ReplyDelete