Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Be true to yourself and just remember - 2 year olds only make messes, they don't clean them...

I just realized I'm walking from room to room nodding my head and saying, "Ok. Ok." over and over. I'm not sure what's ok, but I do know that this isn't really getting the house packed... lol.

My goal today is to pack as much as I can so tonight after I teach I can come home and edit some. It's hard starting so late - most nights I don't get on the computer till near 10pm and then I can only get an hour or two in before my brain shuts down, but that doesn't change how much I love it.

This never ceases to amaze me. How much I LOVE writing.
I can be on here, my other blog, my book(s) or even my journal - but you know this because I talk about it all the time. I supposed I'm feeling lucky. Lucky because I have so much and still can't really figure out how I obtained it all.

We spend so much of our lives trying to figure out who and what we. It's a natural thing. I do feel we all know, deep down inside, what we are meant to do - but we let life clutter our vision. I've let life clutter my vision for so many reasons. I scared people will judge me, or that I'll feel left out. Or because of money and "obligations". In the end these are just a few of the many excuses - but they're the biggest excuses I cling to.

Being a writer doesn't in any way give me security. Being a new writer doesn't ensure me a spot in the J.K Rowling Hall of fame... Realistically, I probably I have better chance of winning the lotto than that sort of success - but that doesn't mean I should ignore what I want to do.

We live in a country, a world even, that tells is that most important things in life are status and image - no they're not. Being happy, being kind, loving honestly and earnestly - these are the things that are really important. Supporting your friends and family and being the person you are... that's what I've learned. I've learned that being yourself is scary as hell and the uncertainty is hard (which is evident in some of my older posts on days I can't deal well with the pressure), but I've also learned that I'd rather be scared than living a half dead life just to live up to someone else's expectations.

The saying, "The only person you live with your whole life, is you." is 100% true. Every other relationship is a rest stop along this interstate of life. You get to stop and do all these crazy things that enhance who you are - but in the end it's all you.

Guess I'm feeling deep today.
Today is a good day.

And today is slipping away from me! So I'm off. First I eat and then it's back to the attic! Trash day is nearly upon us and I need to fill the curb!

Have a wonderful day and remember to take a moment for you, because if you don't like you - why the hell should anyone else?

xxoo
a

No comments:

Post a Comment