Saturday, June 4, 2011

Life, Liberty and my American Dream

What's done, is done.

What does that even mean? Just think about it. Think about how many times in one day, one week, one year we say things but really don't know and/or understand what they mean. We just say them in a matter-of-fact tone because we're so used to hearing the phrases, but have no clue what we're alluding to.

OK - my example is sub-par - but it doesn't change the fact that we have learned to just shut down and not look at the words exiting our mouths.

Here's a better one: "The American Dream." It's not 1672 any more, hell, it's not 1931 when the phrase was coined, but the essence of these words remain the same. You may have a different idea as to what the American Dream is, but you still have a dream.

My dream is to move to Los Angeles, with my family this fall. On Tuesday our realtor will be coming by to walk through our property and let us know what he thinks about us getting out of here in a timely matter - and that phone call suddenly made this into a reality.

You see, it's been 2 years this past week that we decided we were going to move to L.A., and then life happened, as it always does, and here we are - in Cleve-burg sweating our tail feathers off California Dreaming.

The DREAM!

The America Dream came around as a way to say, "We should be able to reach out there and take a chance at becoming the person we know we are inside."

I was lost for a long time. All you have to do is go back to the beginning of this blog and take a look around - I didn't have a path or a goal, I had questions, I had more fears than not, I had a hell of a time sleeping and was out of my mind.

But then life changed. Life ALWAYS changes - don't like it, wait a few minutes. Now I know. I know what I want.

I want to move to California with my family, to become published (and wildly famous in the book world), to raise my son right, to be an honest caring and loving wife, to teach, live and breathe yoga. That is MY America Dream. To see my son grown into the man he's destined to be. To see my husband happy after a long day of hard work.

This move is the very thing we need to embrace the people who are bursting out of our skins.

I know you're thinking there's nothing wrong with Cleveland, and you're right, there isn't. I was born in Ohio, raised in the Cleveland area. I'm proud of this town (most days) but that shouldn't stop me from achieving those things I know I can if I just get a break.

As this house sits on the market and we pray every day and every night - I'm reaching out to you. Over the last year I've had a Get Me to L.A. button posted on the right of this blog. If you have it in your heart to help me and my family get to L.A. please push it - just a buck, I'm not asking for millions. Times are hard everywhere, I truly understand that, but as a yoga teacher and a practicing yogi I can say for certain that I know people out there have compassion and love for their fellow humans - pay a little forward to me.

You see, I lost my job a year ago, and yes I did become a yoga teacher, but yoga is a job of love. My pay last year as a yoga teacher was 1/2 of what I used to make in a month at my old job.

That, my friends, is why I'm being honest and asking you up front to lend a hand.

If you can find it in your heart to help my family obtain their American Dream I would carry you in my heart for as long as I live.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Aryn

No comments:

Post a Comment