Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ohio is a sad representation of how little this country really thinks about it's citizens

I find Ohio to be such a major letdown. Between their terrible anti-animal laws and now this ridiculous anti-woman platform, because I hate to break it to you world - anti-abortion really is anti-woman. I'm sure you think I'm crazy for saying that, but life isn't easy and abortion isn't just there to be miss used as contraceptive. There are many reason from health related to rape, incest and so many more.

I'm tired of year after year hearing people label themselves as pro-life when in fact they're just pro-baby. You know what? That's fine. It's fine to be pro-baby. Babies are damn cute and smushy and lovely and wonderful, but this isn't going to save lives - these new laws are only going to kill more. How is THAT pro-life?

We use these terms in this country, these labels we put into place, so we can neatly file people away - but it's never that easy and we ALL know that. Why do you think that I'm SO incompetent that I'm unable to make the right decision for myself? Last I checked I'm over 18, I could die for this country if I had enlisted - but I can't decide if I need to have an abortion in order to have a better and healthier life. It's appalling how narrow minded people can be. You sit up there with your "power" acting as if you're gods. Listening to these shrill people who run with deplorable signage waving it in the face of people who already have loss in their lives. They feel and think they're better than the rest of the world and why? Because they let people like you tell them how to think. Sounds rather cultish to me.

I'm very tired of feeling as if I've been forced to live in the closet of a nunnery surrounded by prude cloistered woman who can't even say the word vagina. I can say vagina and I know where my vagina is and I know how to use my vagina, therefore I feel I should have sole claim over said vagina.

Yesterdays decision made us small and even more ignorant. We are not a democracy. We are a joke. Spoiled little rich kids that have too much time and too much money on our hands so instead of taking care of this country we are stripping it of its integrity and making us into a joke.

The Tea Party is a joke
Factory Farming is a joke
Lack of medical coverage for our citizens is a joke
Lack of respect for our women is a joke

We send our kids out into the world to die for a cause that doesn't even exist. It's just another way to generate money to keep the rich, rich and the poor in jungle boots. Telling us what to do. Telling us how to screw. Telling us that we can't use condoms and we can't say the words Penis and Vagina in school because GOD forbid our children actually UNDERSTAND what they're body is. It's anatomy - that's it. It's not some moral platform - knowing and understanding sex doesn't make you a bad person. Sex is normal and natural and shouldn't be frowned upon.

I want to be angry. I want to scream. But I'm just so let down. No one cares about anyone and that's just the American way these days. Big money is big - everyone else is just cannon fodder. Including me.

You're ignorance will kill many. Back alley abortion clinics will open up. Panicked people will go to extremes and many will die all because you think this is black and white.

It's a sad, sad day in Ohio. Ashes, ashes, we all fall down...

3 comments: