Monday, June 13, 2011

Some complaining, a little work and a day at the beach!

It will never cease to amaze me how many people think that holding a grudge against someone else hurts anyone but themselves.

Anger corrodes the person holding the anger - like fire burns the match it was started with.

It doesn't set you free. It doesn't change the past. It only destroys the person who won't let it go...

I feel the need to say this because I'm so very tired of hearing about Lebron James. I'm tired of hearing how he 'deserves' this or that. Who really cares? If we spent half as much time caring about our town rather than using up all of our energy hating someone no longer here, Cleveland would be a better place. It's just that simple. (& please understand - this view is non-negotiable. You can say what you want, it won't change how I feel.)

Moving on. I finally had a chance to edit last night. I only finished up 6 more pages, but it's 6 pages that weren't finished yesterday morning. I also wrote another page in the new book... yes... I know I shouldn't be working on the new book as I edit the old but the truth is my laptop is a netbook and doesn't have word on it. I downloaded the suggested software, but my cousin is helping me by being a second set of eyes and she used the "tracking" setting on my manuscript and that doesn't show up in the free word version (which makes sense, because if I could get it for free... you know, that whole "cow v milk" scenario...)

So when I'm away from here (the old desk top) and I'm able to use the laptop I work on that book. Then I come back here and work on the edit.

I hope to get back to it tonight, but I have 2 classes and it really depends on much house work/packing I accomplish today. Right now I'm preparing to take my son to the beach. We went last year but he was too little and the crowd was too big - and rude - but that's a different story all together.

It's 9am so we're off. Figure we'll dig in the sand, eat a little lunch, come back here and clean out the dinning room. I hope to make it in the attic tomorrow. That's our everest... (i.e. dumping grounds). I want to have as much on the curb as I can this week! Baby steps!

A few other things - we will be having HUGE garage sales all summer AND a 50/50 raffle. Tickets are $1 per ticket or $5 for 7. Labor Day weekend we will be drawing a winner! If you're interested just head over to the "contact" page and email me. We can do this via the net!

Have a great day!!
a

4 comments:

  1. I'm assuming you're talking about the software I suggested, and if so I believe the "tracking" feature is called "Changes" in Libre Office. I'm not 1000% sure though, because I've never used it.

    This link might be useful to you...

    http://www.linux.com/learn/tutorials/405303-collaborate-using-libreoffice-writer-changes-and-comments

    Have fun at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check on the changes AND the link!! Thank you. I couldn't remember the name of the program... lol...
    The beach was nice. My boy only wanted to run. Now I'm tired and he still wants to run! oh to be 2...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's even more fun is when you have two of them that want to do nothing but run all day. :-) I wish I had 1/10th of their energy sometimes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine. This is another reason why there can only be one - that and I'm raising him to believe he's the Highlander.

    ReplyDelete