Thursday, October 20, 2011

Goodbye Cleveland

Goodbye Cleveland: a Tribute -

At the tippy top of Ohio, where the land reaches the shore...


Skyscrapers emerge from the ground, into the sky they soar...


The Terminal Tower sits front in center, as a symbol of the land...


My grandmother sold greeting cards in the Arcade, she and my mom hand in hand...


The Industrial Flats held Cleveland's steelyards, and now holds shopping malls...


117th was dotted with houses, families with dogs and cats...


The Cleveland Browns...


The Indians too...


This is where I had my first beer...

It doesn't matter where life takes me, I am who I am because I grew up here...


Goodbye Cleveland...


The Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame...


The food on West 4th...


Home Opening Games....


Goodbye to the Playhouse, where your lights shine so bright...


Goodbye to the Grog Shop, and those loud drunken nights...


Goodbye to the 5 O'clock...


Goodbye to My Friend's...


Goodbye to Coventry and it's late night skate trends...


Goodbye to the Cleveland Art Museum that showed me my soul...


Goodbye to the Cleveland Orchestra that help make it grow...


Goodbye Saint Augustine Academy, even thought you closed your doors long ago...


Goodbye Lakewood Ohio and millions of late night strolls...


Goodbye Cleveland, you will forever be in my heart...


Goodbye Ohio and thank you for my start.

With Love,
Aryn

1 comment:

  1. Here's to a safe journey to your new destination.

    ReplyDelete