Friday, October 28, 2011

The Soundtrack of My Life "Dream a Little Dream of Me" Mama Cass Elliot


This is an old one for me. I love to sing this song and I have for years. I chose this version because I love it, not that I think ill of Ella Fitzgerald or Louis Armstrong, I don't - but I love Cass Elliot's voice.

She speaks of fading love and I do too - but in a different lane of life.
I guess that moment when I've begun to wonder if those people out there, those I love, will forget me because I am not longer a walk away.

This song is for you.
The kiss of our relationship lingers on and I wish you well. I wish you happiness. I wish for us to meet again and most of all I hope that these fears are unsubstantiated and it won't matter - the distance - because love, friendship, compassion and caring can pass through any amount of distance.

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you,
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you.
But in your dreams, whatever they be,
Dream a little dream of me."

Taking this leap and moving forward has taught me a lot. 
I've learned many things that I need and many more that I don't.
I've learned that the harder you hold onto something, the faster it fades.
I've learned that, while I'm not a betting woman, sometimes you have to place every cent on you, because you deserve it.

And I've learned that it may hurt my heart at times, but that hurt somehow makes more space and allows me to have room for all those out there that need me, just as I need them.

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear,
Still craving your kiss.
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear,
Just saying this...

Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you,
Sweet dreams that leave all worries far behind you.
But in your dreams, whatever they be,
Dream a little dream of me." 

Dream a Little Dream of Me - Mama Cass Elliot - (promise I'll dream of you too)

No comments:

Post a Comment