Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle

8 Days a week...
8 Days until I leave...

My son turned 3 today. 3 years ago I was in the hospital staring at him, as if I blinked he'd disappear. Today I'm sitting amid a sea of brown cardboard, toys and suitcases.

He's singing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" to me right now. I'm on here because before, before my mind went blank, I had something to say... but now all I hear is his sweet little voice singing "twinkle, twinkle little star. How I wonder what you are."

I believe things happen for a reason and we have little angels pushing us, and helping us along. All we have to do is be open to the signs and keep our mind, heart and eyes clear and we will see the truth. It may not be what we expected - but it's exactly what we need.

So here you go... Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star: (by Jane Taylor)

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high,
Like a diamond in the sky.

When the blazing sun is gone,
When he nothing shines upon,
Then you show your little light,
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.

In the dark blue sky you keep,
And often through my curtains peep,
For you never shut an eye
Till the sun is in the sky.

As your bright and tiny spark
Lights the traveler in the dark,
Though I know not what you are,
Twinkle, twinkle, little star.


...as your bright and tiny spark, lights the traveler in the dark... we're all traveling. For me, in 8 days I will climb into my car and drive southwest, for you maybe it's something else completely, but...BUT... there is always something there to guide us. 

Maybe the lost words were lost for a reason.
Maybe it's because, right now, I need to listen.

Though I know not what you are, twinkle, twinkle little star.
I'll watch for you in the big Texas sky, and you know I'll be making tons of wishes!

Sweet dreams my friends.
xxoo
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment