Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Thanksgiving MeMe!!



There are so many things to learn about people in this world. What they stand for, what they won't. What they're favorite colors are... and what they love about Thanksgiving! Here you go...


1. What are the traditional favorites?
To be honest, I'm vegan - so I love stuffing and dressing, but it's not really that traditional... because I don't eat meat (or dairy). BUT the recipes that I ADORE that are Turkey Day related are: Baked Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry sauce (with only cranberries, no apples and no celery. PLEASE no celery.) Stuffing - and then a little more stuffing. (I'm not a girl afraid of carbs.)

2. What new recipes will you try this year?
I'm trying a new Pumpkin Cheese Cake recipe that was posted by The Kind Life. I'll let you know how it turns out. (here's the link)

3. What part of the meal do you never compromise?
Dessert. I never compromise that part of any meal. Who would? The only reason to eat all that other stuff is to eat dessert. And sometimes its the only part of the meal... those are my favorite....

4. Who gets to carve the turkey?
We eat Tofurky. Now, now... wipe that silly image of a cardboard shaped bird out of your head. I've had those, they're terrible. But alas!! I eat Tofurky made by Turtle Island Foods - very yummy. Buy it. Eat it. NOW. you've been told....

5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room?
Family stile. I hate buffet. 

6. How many will be at your table this year?
Three and a half

7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Pumpkin. Pumpkin and Pumpkin.

8. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay?
I will never understand people who don't like cranberries... it's just weird to me... 

9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?
between 3-6 - this is a rather boring MeMe... hmmm... next month I'll try harder... PROMISE!

10. Favorite leftover?
All of it!! (because it means I get a day off from cooking)



6 comments:

  1. Mine...

    1. My grandmother's broccoli and rice casserole.

    2. Thinking about a pumpkin bread pudding.

    3. Dessert.

    4. My dad normally does the honor.

    5. We do buffet style due to the amount of people involved in the meal.

    6. At least 8, if not more.

    7. Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Pecan

    8. Yes, as long as it's not the slimy shit from the can.

    9. 1:00 lunch, 6:00 dinner

    10. Dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this broccoli and rice casserole...??? I want this recipe please!

    Oh and I never answered #4 - me, I carve the tofurky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The broccoli and rice casserole is one of the greatest things my grandmother has ever made. It's my absolute favorite memory from childhood eating Thanksgiving dinner at her house.

    I'm risking exile from my family by sharing this (lol) but here you go...

    Broccoli-Rice Casserole

    1 (10 oz) pkg frozen chopped broccoli
    1 small onion, chopped
    2 1/2 C cooked rice
    1/2 C sweet milk
    1 C grated cheese
    1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
    1 tsp salt
    1 dash pepper

    Saute onion in butter until soft and set aside. Cook broccoli and drain. Combine all ingredients in a 2 quart baking dish. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.

    I'm sure you can veganize this, but I have no idea since my grandmother isn't a vegan. :-)

    If you try this please let me know how it turns out and if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll try it out and I'll be sure to let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOM NOM NOM NOM -- Cranberry and Pumpkin EVERYTHING FTW! Ahem. I'll calm down now.

    Also, I'm going to find my 'orange salad' recipe and give it to you. It sounds really weird, but it's SUPER yummy. We have it every Thanksgiving and you should definitely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting (and I mean "good" interesting, not "wow that sounds gross" interesting) I can't wait to try it! Seems I have two new dishes to try for my thanks giving!! yum-nom-nom is right!

    ReplyDelete