Thursday, November 17, 2011
A Thanksgiving MeMe!!
There are so many things to learn about people in this world. What they stand for, what they won't. What they're favorite colors are... and what they love about Thanksgiving! Here you go...
1. What are the traditional favorites?
To be honest, I'm vegan - so I love stuffing and dressing, but it's not really that traditional... because I don't eat meat (or dairy). BUT the recipes that I ADORE that are Turkey Day related are: Baked Sweet Potatoes, Homemade Cranberry sauce (with only cranberries, no apples and no celery. PLEASE no celery.) Stuffing - and then a little more stuffing. (I'm not a girl afraid of carbs.)
2. What new recipes will you try this year?
I'm trying a new Pumpkin Cheese Cake recipe that was posted by The Kind Life. I'll let you know how it turns out. (here's the link)
3. What part of the meal do you never compromise?
Dessert. I never compromise that part of any meal. Who would? The only reason to eat all that other stuff is to eat dessert. And sometimes its the only part of the meal... those are my favorite....
4. Who gets to carve the turkey?
We eat Tofurky. Now, now... wipe that silly image of a cardboard shaped bird out of your head. I've had those, they're terrible. But alas!! I eat Tofurky made by Turtle Island Foods - very yummy. Buy it. Eat it. NOW. you've been told....
5. Family style around the table or buffet style and everyone sits wherever there’s room?Family stile. I hate buffet.
6. How many will be at your table this year?
Three and a half
7. Three best pies for Thanksgiving dessert?
Pumpkin. Pumpkin and Pumpkin.
8. Cranberry sauce… yay or nay?
I will never understand people who don't like cranberries... it's just weird to me...
9. What time do you eat Thanksgiving Dinner?
between 3-6 - this is a rather boring MeMe... hmmm... next month I'll try harder... PROMISE!
10. Favorite leftover?
All of it!! (because it means I get a day off from cooking)