Monday, December 12, 2011

& then... a Christmas MeMe! (ho! ho! ho!)



1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Hot chocolate with cinnamon and vanilla marshmallows or with a candy cane used as a stir stick! I do like the Nog, but I'm the only one in the house that will drink it and it's a waste to buy the Silk Egg Nog and watch it rot... such a shame... now what am I going to do with all this rum?

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? 
Santa is a wrapper and he's also a fan of ribbons too!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
We have white lights in the window and the colored light our in our son's room. I need to invest in more festive lights. Honestly, white used to be "nice" and now it's just not doing it for me.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? 
Not since I was a kid. All the kissin' that's gonna happen in this house will happen with or without deadly decorations.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
After Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? 
Lasagna 

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? 
Christmas morning. Waking up at first light to run into our parents room and yell until they woke up and then run down stairs to open all of Santa's gifts. I also have this great memory where my Grandma wrote "PJ" on my gift box, clearly a reminder to her that the gift was - Pajamas. But for a while I thought our dead cat, PJ, hand sent me a gift... oh PJ... oh Aryn...

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
 I don't remember. I've tried to figure it out, but I know I was one of the last people of group to figure it out. But every year I like to re-read the letter to Virginia O'Hanlon from Francis Pharcellus Church of New York's Sun wrote in 1897. "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus
(I guess this means I still believe.)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
 Yes. We open "family" gifts on Christmas Eve and Santa's gifts on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? 
With my hands. How do you decorate your tree?

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? 
This year I LOVE snow. This year I live in Los Angeles.

12. Can you ice skate? 
I can ice (slide on my butt after I fall off my ice) skate (s)!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
 I like whatever I get.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Normally I'm not a big holiday person. Too many years in retail I suppose. Too many years of mean people yelling at each other over something so unimportant, and yes I mean "gifts". But this year, this year my son knows who Santa is, he even said hi to him at the mall the other day. So THIS YEAR the most important thing to me is seeing that smile on his face when he plays with all the cartons and boxes his toys came in. 
Yes. His smile is the best.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? 
Chocolate. Anything covered in chocolate. Like Chocolate covered chocolate. 
OH! Chocolate covered cherries! Haven't had one in ages. Can't find any vegan ones... :(
(now I'm sad)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
I'm looking forward to making some with my family.

17. What tops your tree?
 A star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? 
Yes.

19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
 Yum - as long as they're traditional mint.

20. Favorite Christmas show? 
Die Hard.

21. Saddest Christmas Song? 
I'll be home for Christmas.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
 Silent Night

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that Die Hard is your fave Chrismas show. LOL. That speaks volumes about your rebellious nature. Hee. Mine is A Christmas Story. It has some of the best writing in the narrative that I've heard.

    BTW, how weird about the chocolate covered cherries. Wouldn't they all be vegan? Or is it the creamy stuff in the center that makes it off limits? Huh. That makes me sad for you! Must search the internet for vegan chocolate covered cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the greats holiday movie of all time! "Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!"
    I love the Christmas Story too. I've actually been to the house. It was only 15 minutes or so from my place in Cleveland. If you ever get a chance, you should visit near the holidays and check it out. Totally worth the trip if your a fan. They decorate the inside with the ancient lights and that very special "fragile" leg lamp!!

    The chocolate isn't vegan. Most chocolates (especially american) add whey to their chocolate (even dark) to get that creamy texture we consumers love so much. I haven't looked that hard, I have to admit it - but since becoming vegan no chocolate covered cherries for me... :(

    If you find them LET ME KNOW!!

    ReplyDelete