Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Treat! Vegan Nutty Fingers!



These were very much one of my VERY favorite cookies as a child. The sad thing is that I forgot that until one very nice fellow - BW Smith (who writes this blog here) - reminded me of them by sending me to this blog here (The Southern Epicurean psst... is this also you?)

Here is the ORIGINAL NON-VEGAN recipe)

Nutty Fingers

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Additional confectioners' sugar

Directions:

In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 2-in. logs. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Roll warm cookies in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on wire racks. Yield: about 2 dozen.


Here is your Vegan Version:


Vegan Nutty Fingers

Ingredients:


1/2 cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter, softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup finely chopped pecans
Additional confectioners' sugar


Easy Peasy!! And all you have to do is follow the direction above, then find a tin, wrap them nicely and send them to me in L.A.!! YOU'RE SO AWESOME!


(((HUGS)))

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the recipe.

    And yes, it's me. I decided to start writing about food, since it's my most favorite thing in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wife is a lucky woman! I'm going to have to check in and check out your recipes! NEW FOOD!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'll try to post stuff that can be veganized from time to time. :-)

    ReplyDelete