Monday, January 2, 2012

It's a New Year MeMe! BAM! Take that 2012!



1. What will you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
In 2012 I plan on world domination and perfecting the smoothie. Also, I plan on having an agent and publishing my book(s). <- this is the #1 priority. Yes, my little vision board is dotted with all sorts of things from travel destinations to making a green smoothie NOT be gross - but first things first. TOTAL BOOK DOMINATION! DUM! DUM! DUMMMMM!
2. Did are your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more than last year?
I don't do new year resolutions... normally. I haven't make up a list in a long time for I find these list to be dotted with unobtainable items, but this year I think I'm going to do something for me. (Stay with me here) I've notice a real lacking of photos of me in this world. Yes, I'm that "girl" that hides from the camera by saying things like, "I don't photograph well" or "I'm the cameraman!!" both may be true, but I also don't want to be the woman who has no photos to show her grandkid(s) one day. 

I'm hoping by January 2013, I've learned how to smile and not look like I'm psychotic. 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Proximity wise - no.
Otherwise - my sister did have a baby boy back in September! Take a gander at those cheeks...

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Proximity wise - no.
Otherwise - no.
5. Plan on visiting any new countries in 2012?
I'm not planning on it, but that doesn't mean I don't hope it happens.



6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
The ability to fly. (and all that book stuff I was talking about before)
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
 October 20th - because I got into my car and drove to L.A.



8. What was your biggest achievement of 2011?
 **Please see #7.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Failures are for wussies
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
 Nope. (Unless you count hurt toes - I fracture them all the time... it's like I forget they're connected to my feet and BAM - limping for days)
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The gas that got me here.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm happy with everyones behavior that I'm around. (most days... most days...)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
 Some things aren't meant to be posted on the internet. 
14. Where did most of your money go?
 Towards the move. (and pistachios) 
15. What did you get really excited about?
 Going to the Santa Monica Pier on Christmas - that was pretty freaking awesome. 




16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Whirling by Joy Formidable, You're a Tourist by Death Cab or Float On by Modest Mouse
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– Happier or sadder? Happier.
– Thinner or fatter? Same.
– Richer or poorer? Poorer. But that's in the works of being fixed so I'm not complaining.... yet. 
18. Do you plan on doing more this year?
Yes. More everything. Laughing, dancing, singing, dreaming, succeeding, trying & eating whist hugging child & husband. I'll admit it, it'll get crumby. WORTH IT! 
19. Anything you plan on doing less of?
Complaining or worrying about things I can't change. And crack. 
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Opened gifts from Santa, drove to beach, played in sand, ate pasta, watched movie - retired for bed, read book.
21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I'm a "falling in love" addict - so yes. (My husband will be happy to know it was with him... again.)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Friday Night Lights, Falling Skies, Misfits, Being Human (both BBC & SyFy), Modern Family, Community, Parks & Rec, Doctor Who and Masterpiece Theater. 
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I really don't "hate" anyone. There are just a few people I "choose" not to spend time with because, with them, I become someone I do not like. In the end I'm just trying to be the best possible version of me that I can be.
24. What was the best book you read in 2011?
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner; The Hunger Games (series) by Suzanne Collins; Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari; Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card (Ok so this is like the 9th time I've read it, but I still love it) - I enjoyed (mostly) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand (granted I'm still "finishing" it... one of the characters really made me mad and we're in a time out) The Road by Cormac Mccarthy
I enjoyed a few (I think 3-5) books in The Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan... hmm... I'm sure there were more, but those are a great start. 
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Young the Giant, The Black Keys, Joy Formidable
26. What did you want and get?
 To move to L.A. and we moved to L.A., oh and I finished my book and started on the next one, met a lot of cool peeps too. 
27. What did you want and not get?
I feel this is like a wish and if I say it, then it will never come true. 
28. What was your favorite film of this year?


BRIDESMAIDS!
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


I went to The Spiral Diner in Texas and I turned as old as I am right this very second!


30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
*shrug*
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I'm a "jeans & tshirt" kinda gal. 
32. What kept you sane?
yoga
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Tim Riggins

 
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hm... politics... to quote the Joker, "This town needs an enema!
35. Who did you miss?
I'm good. 
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Oh, I've met a few cool cats! Gae Polisner, JennaHP (from We <3 TV), the wonderfully awesome Kerri Maniscalco to name just a few... (wait for the interviews that will be coming over the next few weeks!!)
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Life really is a present & if you don't suck it up & just go for it, sooner or later it'll bite you in the butt...
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.


You're a Tourist - Death Cab for Cutie
When there's a burning in your heart
An endless yearning in your heart
Build it bigger than the sun
Let it grow, let it grow
When there's a burning in your heart
Don't be alarmed

This fire grows higher

When there's a doubt within your mind
Because you're thinking all the time
Framing rights into wrongs
Move along, move along
When there's a doubt within your mind

When there's a burning in your heart
And you think it'll burst apart
Or there's nothing to feel
Save the tears, save the tears
When there's a burning in your heart

And if you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born <- (specifically this line)
Then it's time to go <- (& this line)
And define your destination
There's so many different places to call home

Because when you find yourself the villain in the story you have written
It's plain to see
That sometimes the best intentions are in need of redemptions
Would you agree?

If so please show me

This fire grows higher <- (yes it really does...)

When there's a burning in your heart

4 comments:

  1. love it. I need to start stealing these meme thingys and answering them! So much fun! Loved meeting you this year too ;) #cryingnursescantlose

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally should! I'll tag you on the next one and we can start spreading the joy. :)
    If you post this let me know so I head over and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started it....more thinking involved than I thought! LOL I will let you know when its up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Honestly? It takes me a few times to get through them too. :)

    ReplyDelete