Monday, March 5, 2012

TAG!! It's a meme & you're it!



So last month I was tagged by the beautiful, talented and uber awesome Kerri Maniscalco (who I had the pleasure of interviewing back in January - you can read it here & you can also find her on twitter!! ) to take part in this fun game of questions tag, how can I say no to a game of tag? So, here they are and a the end are my questions for you! TAG! YOU'RE IT!
1. What’s your favorite dish you get out and what restaurant makes it?
Well now this is a tough one because I'm a vegan who has given up gluten (due to random eczema). But the last take out I had was from a place called Natives Food Cafe & it was really awesome. (Gluten heavy, but awesome all the same!) It was their Super Italian Meatballs Sub. Everything they server is 100% vegan! Which is AMAZING, just like their brownies. 

2. What are you reading RIGHT now?



3. Do you prefer ebooks or traditional paper/hardbacks?

I'll read an ebook if there is no other option, but I prefer to hold a book in my hands. My happiest moment after moving to LA was getting my library card. How does one live without a library card? HOW?!

What are your three favorite books of all time?

Enders Game - Orson Scott Card
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
The Count of Monte Cristo - Alexandre Dumas

What genre is your current project and is that your favorite to read?

My current project is YA Sci/fi and favorite to read... that a tough one! I love to read and I'm not picky. Right now I've been on a sci/fi, horror, romance kick. lol.... looks as weird as it sounds!


So NOW I have to pick 3 people and ask them 5 questions....

I choose:

& my Questions are... (I'm sticking with the food/book theme)
  1. What is your favorite meal to cook?
  2. What's your "go to" dish?
  3. If you could re-write one book, what book (in whole or in part) would it be? 
  4. What book should have never been made into a movie?
  5. What is your guilty pleasure genre? 

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, those are great questions. I'll put my thinking cap on and get right on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Let me know when you post it so I can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm??? Get back to ya on these! Thanks for tagging me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll just answer them here since I won't tag anyone (I've found that it's pretty much a waste of time lol).

    1. What is your favorite meal to cook?

    My favorite meal to cook is Shrimp and Grits, for two reasons: 1) it's really easy to make and it only takes about 20 minutes, and 2) it's one of my wife's favorites.

    2. What's your "go to" dish?

    It really depends on the situation. If it's a large group and I'm responsible for feeding everyone, I usually go with burgers (I make a mean burger) or something with chicken (because most everyone in my circle of life eats chicken), but if it's a meal where each person brings one thing, I like to make my squash casserole.

    3. If you could re-write one book, what book (in whole or in part) would it be?

    This is the toughest one for me. Off the top of my head I'd probably re-write the Twilight series to make it worth reading. (Sorry, I can't help but take a stab at that god-awful crap. No offense to you if you like it.)

    4. What book should have never been made into a movie?

    There are two that immediately come to mind. How the Grinch Stole Christmas and The Cat in the Hat. Dr. Seuss books should NEVER be made into movies like those. They should be animated only.

    5. What is your guilty pleasure genre?

    I really enjoy reading children's books, notably Dr. Seuss. I think he is/was a genius, and I always love reading his stuff, even now as an adult. Of course, it's not really a guilty pleasure because I'm not ashamed of it, but it's the closest thing to a guilty pleasure I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aryn~ YAY!! You love Jane Eyre?? Me, too! We're going to share part of that answer. Cute little meme (I love that it's so short). It'll probably be a couple of months before I can get to it, but it's going on my blog posting list foe sho. And OMG, that meatball sub answer made my mouth water. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there is nothing weird about reading sci fi, horror, romance novels! I think they go AWESOME together :) And I'm loving your favorite books! The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my ALL TIME favorites :) *HIGH FIVES YOU FOR BEING AWESOME*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita - I DO love Jane Eyre. I've read it a dozen times and it still makes me smile.
    Kerri - Same with Count of Monte Cristo - love it to a million pieces :)

    ReplyDelete