Tuesday, April 17, 2012

6 months and counting


This Friday marks 6 months that I got into my car (in the pouring rain) and drove, roughly, 2500 miles across country to move to Los Angeles. Its hard to believe that it had been that long, but at the same time, it's hard to believe it hasn't been long - in a good way.

I like it here... not that it was up for debate, but I'll officially state it on this here blog - I like living in L.A.

But L.A. gets a bad rap, just like Cleveland and it's burning rivers. People hear "L.A." and they think of celebrities, paparazzi, movies, Scientology's, acting, and a ton of other things, but in reality it's a really nice place to live. The weather is constant - no more it's 20 on Tuesday and 80 on Wednesday kinda weeks. The people are actually nice and not flighty, not any more than they are back in Cleveland. There are beaches by me - TONS of beaches and on Easter Sunday I saw 3 pods of dolphins calmly playing off the coast of Malibu, which is a beautiful town.

People do rush out here to become famous, get discovered, and what ever else you can think of - but for all of those people there are parents, families, schools, regular occupation, libraries (tons of libraries) and wonderful museums - Like the California Science Center that not only houses an SR-71 Blackbird (my FAVORITE PLANE EVER) but soon the Space Shuttle Endeavour will be there very soon. (and guess what, the cost is donation based, that means if you poor like us, you can still take your 3yo there to see a lot of cool stuff and make a day of it).


I can't believe that its been 6 months and I'm very excited for 6 more months. I hope by then I'll have so many things to talk about my blog postings will be more than once a week.


Like my book perhaps...
(hint, hint, universe... hint, hint!)


I wish I had something to give away to celebrate! That's how excited I am that we've made it this far...
Alas, I do not! But thank you for reading!!

xxoo to all
-Aryn

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 6 months in your new home! California is wonderful. I'm soo jealous of you weather.

    ReplyDelete