Friday, July 6, 2012

30 Things (and then some)



I haven't done a random meme in a while and stumbled across this one on pintrest, so I thought - what the hay! LET'S DO THIS!

Here are 30 questions about me and a ton of answer to go with them. Happy reading!


1. List 20 random facts about yourself:

  1. I love carnivals 
  2. I hate cooking just as much as I love it
  3. Feel that every meal should end with dessert
  4. I rarely eat dessert
  5. Wish I could lock myself in a room an read for weeks at a time
  6. I don't really want a pony
  7. I dream of traveling for months at a time and seeing the world
  8. I believe in magic (not the crazy kind where you think you can control people - the whimsical kind that involves rainbows and silver moons.)
  9. Feels everyone should run away from home once in a while
  10. I miss singing in a band
  11. Wanted to get into movies after I graduated High School, but chicken out
  12. Could sit around an read poetry for hours
  13. My favorite hour of the day is around 6-6:30pm (in the summer) when the shadows begin to pull super long and you feel like you're walking in the credits of a movie
  14. Feel every meal should have some sort of bread product
  15. I rarely eat bread
  16. Really like inversions (headstands, handstands, etc)
  17. Feels everyone should meditate and get out of their own head.
  18. Would rather watch Indiana Jones than the Notebook (I'd rather watch anything than the Notebook...)
  19. Has a lot of random crushes that last about 5-10 hours max
  20. Lie about not wanting a pony


2. Describe 3 legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears.
  1. Fear of Falling - Don't know. I've always had a fear of falling ever since I can remember. It's better than it used to be. At 15 I couldn't climb one rung up a ladder and now I can make it to the top if I need to. 
  2. Fear of Rape - all girls are afraid they'll get raped, probably because it happens so much and we all pretend it doesn't or we blame the female involved and say they "deserved" it. No one deserves it. No one.
  3. Fear something will happen to my child. I had a kid. That's what you do after you have a kid.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents.
No.

4. 10 things you would tell your 16-year old self if you could. (ready for brutal honesty?)
  1. You're pretty and not ugly and you don't need a nose job, so shut it.
  2. Start the band already and grab the microphone and sing. You'll love it.
  3. If you want to act, take classes and stop assuming you know what others are thinking and that it's all bad. It's not. Go for it.
  4. Try harder at school, you're acting like you're stupid and you're not.
  5. Read more. Write more. Talk less.
  6. Kiss less guys. They don't deserve you.
  7. Don't lose touch with your friends - you need them
  8. You're doing a great job, stop giving up on yourself
  9. Laugh louder
  10. If they make you feel about about who you are, stop talking to them.
  11. (slow down)

5. What are 5 things that make you mostly happy right now.
  1. My son
  2. Writing
  3. Music
  4. The Ocean/Beach
  5. Husband

6. What is the hardest thing you've ever experienced?
Toss up between my miscarriage and the death of my grandmother who I lived with for 22 years. It's been 14 years and I still think of her daily.



7. What is your dream job and why?
I want to write novels. Because I can do anything, be anyone and go anywhere - writing is liking having my very own T.A.R.D.I.S. and if you understand what I mean by that statement, I love you even more. 


8. What are 5 passions you have?
  1. Words
  2. Art
  3. Music
  4. Food
  5. Family
9. List 10 people who have influenced you and describe how:
  1. S. E. Hinton - words
  2. Charles Bukowski - words
  3. Thomas Jefferson - wisdom
  4. Albert Einstein - wisdom
  5. Samuel Clemens - wisdom, words, humor
  6. Erma Bombeck - wisdom, words, humor
  7. Angelina Jolie - fearlessness 
  8. Bob Kane - because he created a superhero who was just a man who worked really hard
  9. Stephen Hawking - wisdom, humor
  10. The Doctor


10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.
Which one? My top came off at the beach one time... Oh wait... So this one time I went on family vacation with my mom, dad, and sister - we went to the Bahamas. (This is a highly inappropriate story. You've been warned) My mother is (and was) a nurse and she had a pager in the days before cell phones. One day, previous to the trip I jokingly called her pager her "vibrator", you had to be there. I pretty much said it to make my mom blush. She's a woman who blushes and I love that about her. So there we are on vacation, at this really nice restaurant and I looked at her and said, "Hey, ma. Did you bring your vibrator on vacation?" in front of about 50 other people. 

Did I mention the table of cute guys next to us? Really wanted to crawl under the table and die.


11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have. 
  1. excessive fidgeting
  2. lying (even small lies)
  3. gossip
  4. people who milk injuries or have pity parties 
  5. laziness
  6. "blamers" and "toppers" 
That's about it - I don't care for people who lie, are lazy, talk about others behind their backs, act like they need saving and fidget too much.


12. Describe a typical day in your life:

Wake up, check email/FB/twitter, drink coffee, sometimes write, sometimes practice yoga and then spend the day with the kid at park/long walk/front yard/science center, come home and chill - make dinner. Bathe child, put kid to bed, watch TV - hang with husband, go to bed, read, sleep. Boring, isn't it?



13. Describe 5 weakness you have:
  1. Saying no to people I love
  2. Chocolate
  3. Coffee - been trying to give it up for years, but I love it too much
  4. I'm a sucker for flattery (which can be a weakness at times)
  5. Spelling

14. Describe 5 strengths you have:
  1. I know my own mind
  2. Good listener
  3. Honest
  4. Enthusiastic
  5. Supportive


15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
A wolf because it is my spirit animal. 


16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?
  1. Xander
  2. Chris
  3. The Hope Saints
  4. The F-Bombs/Whitechaple Harlots
  5. Yoga

17. What is one thing you wish you were great at?
Writing


18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?
Those who have hurt me when I loved them. Sounds and is vague, but its the gist of it. The most difficult thing I have ever had to do is to forgive those I love who have hurt me.



19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?
Europe, probably Paris for a stint but all over Europe. Because I think the more you see, the more people you meet, the more experiences you have (both bad and good) the more places in and outside of you that you reach for help you become a better version of yourself. 


20. Describe 3 significant experiences from your childhood:
  1. Being at the hospital when I was 3. It was the first time I was away from home and it was both scary and liberating. 
  2. 12 years old - my mom said, "You're grounded." and I said, "Go to hell." walked out the front door and walked to a pay phone to call my buddy and see if I could come over. I hung out there all day playing video games and came home around dinner. It was the last time I was grounded. 
  3. Getting lost in Disney World. (Getting lost at the Home and Garden show)

21. If you could have one super power, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
I would be able to fly and I would fly pick my son up and fly to the beach.



22. Where do you see yourself in: 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
  • 5 years - published.
  • 10 years - traveling and yoga-ing and writing
  • 15 years - happy

23. List your 5 top hobbies and why you love them"
  1. I really don't have any hobbies
  2. I wish I did and I'd like to get back into painting
  3. and clay, I miss clay a lot and I was good at that
  4. Photography - that's kinda a hobby I have
  5. Sarcasm 

24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
nope



25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
Charles Bukowski - wine and french fries


26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
That you need to eat meat to get the protein you need in your diet. You don't. (only 6% of doctors have ever taken any nutritional classes. That means your doctor is just giving you his or her personal opinion about food. Do the leg work yourself or find a really good nutritionist.)


27. What's your favorite part of your body and why?
My hands, because I've just always liked them - even with all their scars.


28. What is your love language?
Sex? Not even sure how to read this. 


29. What do you think people misunderstand about you the most?
When I meet new people they think I'm cocky when I'm really gun shy. Been burn too many times and I'm to old to just be best friends with someone because we met once. It takes time to build a friendship. Trust isn't easy to come by these days.



30. List 10 things you hope to be remember for:

  1. Being a good mother
  2. Being a good friend/wife
  3. good listener
  4. my writing
  5. this blog
  6. my sense of humor
  7. being loving
  8. trying to be helpful
  9. food
  10. hugs


And that was a lot! I'm going to pretend it makes up for all those post I haven't been writing... ;)
Have a happy weekend everyone.

xxoo
aryn


4 comments:

  1. Cool stuff. Always good to know what's going on inside your head, lol.

    Re #17, you need to pick something else because you're already great at writing. You need to use that wish more efficiently.

    Re #28, the "love languages" are derived from a marriage counseling book written by Gary Chapman. The love languages are: words of affirmation, quality time, receiving gifts, acts of service, and physical touch.

    You can read more here if you'd like.

    Of course, by saying sex you did answer the question, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #17 I supposed you're right, and thank you for the compliment. :)

    #28 After I posted this I looked up "love languages" and it turns out "words of affirmation" are my thing - but sex is still fun, so I won't be taking that off the table any time soon. HA!

    My head is always over flowing - it's good to dump it out from time to time! How have you been? Enjoying lots of family time this summer I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been well, thanks. And yes, I've been spending most of my time with family - after all, that's what life is supposed to be about.

    ReplyDelete