Tuesday, October 16, 2012

From Quiet to Crazy - Introducing NaNoWri30YoChMo

The time has come and I have made my decision about this blog... I'm keeping it. So thank you for sitting through my poetry/recipes/home tips post - but I'm here, and I'm back and I've decided to go from EXTREMELY quiet to OUT OF MY MIND crazy.

Ah! Doesn't the scent of insane ideas smell wonderful in the morning? I sure think so!!

As we all know, it's October (even though, if you live in my neck of the woods - it sure as heck doesn't feel like it...), but in November in the world of writing is NaNoWriMo [National Novel Writing Month for those of you out there who don't speak abbreviation.]

Last year I used NaNoWriMo to finish an edit of a book I had been working on for many, many, (many), years (I may be exaggerating a bit on the time line...). This year I'm planning on using it to finish the first draft of the book that I'm currently working on. 

NOVEMBER PART I!!!

NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH

I do declare, I shall be participating in NaNoWriMo in order to get the first draft of my new book done thus allowing me to edit in December and have a draft for people to beta read in January. (If you are interested in become one of my beta readers, please email me. I can always use a new set of eyes!)  

I also plan on blogging about my progress - I plan on blogging DAILY. Yup, just like the good old days when I had a new born and nothing better to do with my frustrations but plaster them all over this here blog. LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!

And this leads us to... NOVEMBER PART 2!!

Y-O-G-A!

Since I've moved to good old Los Angeles, my yoga practice has slipped away into oblivion. I practice for a week, and then I stop for a month. I meditate for a night, and then I stop for 2 months. It is reeking havoc on my mind, my body and over all, my life. 

November is exactly 30 days long and I am going to use those 30 days to get my butt back on the mat and out of my head by participating in a 30 Day Yoga Challenge. 

YOGA CHALLENGE!!
The idea is simple - for 30 days I will practice an hour of yoga and then I will journal about it. (See, told you I'd be on here a bunch)  If this is something you would be interesting in participating in, let me know! (email) Because I have set up a private Facebook page so everyone joining in the fun can talk about their yoga experiences, share stores, poses, and techniques.

You're also more than welcome to comment about your progress on here!

You can do yoga how ever you see fit, at home, in the park, at your favorite studio, using a video/DVD, something on demand, or a sequence you've made up all on your own. All you have to do is get on your mat for 1 hour a day and dedicate yourself to your practice - to your breath - to you.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I miss both writing and yoga - that's why I've decided to go from Quiet to Crazy and introduce NaNoWri30YoChMo [National Novel Writing 30 Yoga Challenge Month - OK, so the yoga part may not be "national" but you get the idea].

And all of this means that I have the next two weeks to get prepared for a life change, because all of this on top of my mom/wife duties will be a challenge, but what is life if you don't try to live it? Seriously?

I can come on here as much as I like and tell you how much I appreciate life, maybe its time to show you how I live it it.

LET'S DO THIS!

I hope that some of you will join me! And if you know someone who may be interested in the 30 Yoga Challenge or is participating in NaNoWriMo - spread the joy and forward this post to them. The more the merrier!! 

Best,
Aryn

No comments:

Post a Comment