Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Planning - Day 1


Day 1 -

The planning has begun! That means I really don't have much in place, but I'm still amped to be getting ready to do this - ALL of this!

My journal is almost filled, and I'm hoping will be by the end of this adventure (mostly because I found one I want to buy and need the excuses to spend the money). My hope is this experiment will help shift my perspective of me, my life, and what I can actually accomplish. As I said before, I have gone astray over these months. Not intentionally, but it's easy to get trapped in the maze of your mind when you have too much time to do so. Quitting meditation was probably the biggest mistake I've made - because if you can't control your own mind, how can you control your own life?

So my planning has been heavy on the yoga side of this project.

I set up the private facebook page - step 1 complete! For the page, and for myself, I'd like to have 30 quotes in place for this journey. I'm a firm believer that if the first thing we hear/see every day is positive, we can accomplish more in our lives. When we set off thinking the day will go to shit - I can guarantee you that the day will go to shit. Self Fulling Prophecy. The end.

My first quote is from Swami Satchindananda. If you study yoga (all of yoga and not just the asana [postures]) you may know of Sri Swami Satchindananda. He translated the Yoga Sutras, a 5000 year old text compiled by Patanjali. (all roads lead back to yoga).

"We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone, he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happily, laughing?"

That will start of the 30 Days of Yoga, but I also wanted one to start off my 30 Days of Novel writing and I decided on one of my very favorites:

"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed"
~Ernest Hemingway



"Mama, we play the wii now?"

Of course we do, baby. Of course we do. 

Guess I'll have to finish planning tonight. 
14 Days until the journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment