Thursday, October 18, 2012

Planning - Day 2


Today is day 2 of preparing for November, and I feel like I'm in pretty good shape (but then again, I always do this far out! lol)

I've had a handful of people tell me they would love to do the 30 Day Yoga Challenge with me, but don't think they would be able to do a full hour and/or they would rather do something than yoga.

THAT'S FINE!

For me, yoga helps me balance my life, but for you maybe that's running or swimming or power walking or doing Jillian Michaels Meltdown series - that's fine. Go for it! Just remember to journal every day about how you feel both physically and mentally. Be honest with the journaling. You're the only one who will see it, so don't hold back. Don't tell half truths. Don't lie even a little. Get it all out in black and white and let it go. You'd be surprised how much weight you can lift off your shoulders if you put it down on paper.

Like I said, I will be doing yoga. I know it will be hard to find the time to do ALL of these things that I want to, but I know that the time is there and I need to push myself into finding a new way spending it. The negative forces in my life have been winning and I find myself gossiping more (which I hate) and being judgemental (which I really hate). I don't need that. No one needs that in their life. Wasting time on assumptions and preconceived notions. Judging a situation instead of letting it play out. 

By placing myself in this 30 day challenge I'm training my mind to look at things that do matter - being in shape both mentally and physically. Looking inside at what I need to help me grow, instead of distracting myself with other peoples problems. I can't speak for any of you, but for me when I push myself physically, most unimportant things slip away and I find it easier to address the problems I'm having with myself. 

So yes - it's fine. If you can only practice 15 minutes a day, that's great. If you want to swim and not practice yoga - go for it. Find your zen and embrace it. 



For NaNoWritMo - well, my original idea was to do this in spirit. That's a nice way of saying I was going to use November to finish up The Trials of Imogen Grace (TADA!! BOOK TITLE!), but after talking to one of my oldest friends (actually, I think she is my very oldest friend) and the person who inspired me to write in the first place, I was inspired to ACTUALLY sign up. Now, I'm sure I'm not going to qualify for the contest part of NaNo (since I've already started said book) but I will be posting my progress and maybe even some experts from the book.

I think I'll post some of them on here too. My plan had been to do that when I started the edit - but we shall see. I'm going to just flow with all of this and seeing where it takes me. 

If you are participating in NaNoWriMo - look me up - ArynYoungless


13 Days till November! 

“A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.”
― Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment