Thursday, November 1, 2012

DAY 1 of NaNo30DaYoChMo!!


LET IT BEGIN!!

Today is my first day of both my 30 Day Yoga Challenge and NaNoWriMo! Yippiee!

No more days of boredom, drivel, and mindless! Today I'm taking on the world, because if there is one thing we should all understand and embrace is everyday is the right day to start whatever project it is you've been putting off.

I've already finished my first yoga practice, coupled with a few minutes of meditation. Tomorrow I will be sore, but that is what's supposed to happen and I'm not going to let it sway me from accomplishing this challenge.

I practiced in my bedroom using a video on youtube - this is how I will be doing most of my challenge. YouTube is free and some of these classes are great. I would like to get to a studio and try my first Ashtanga and Bikram classes, but I'm not sure if those are in the financial stars (anyway, I'm sure there's something on YouTube. Lol! It won't be heated correctly, but WTH! At least I won't have to worry about who's sweat I'm sitting in. <- bikram.="bikram." in="in" p="p" reference="reference" s="s" that="that" to="to">
All of you who are also doing the 30 Day Yoga Challenge, this is for you:

"We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious. If we smile at someone he or she will smile back. And a smile costs nothing. We should plague everyone with joy. If we are to die in a minute, why not die happy, laughing?"
-Swami Stachidananda

Always remember, true change begins inside. Find an intention and set it. Practice for your brother/sister. Practice for world peace. Practice for something. I practice for the ability to let go of all that clutters my mind - those voices that tell me I'm not good enough and I can't do this or that. 

Twenty minutes into my practice, that voice got really loud and started saying, "Aryn, just go back to bed. What's the point of all of this." And I turned my mind to my intention - actually, it's more like my mantra. "Let. Go." 99% of all things we worry about will NEVER happen, and there are millions of things we are capable of doing - the only thing we have to do is silence that pity party voice and DO THEM. 

Right now I feel great and I'm excited to notice the subtle changes in my life. To be honest, outside of yesterday, I've been practicing for the last 5 days and in those 5 days I'm happier, I have more energy and the want and need to do more. I'm sure there will be low days where I don't want to get up - I'm my vow to me, and to you, is that I will. 

Practice with me, for your own intentions and we can benefit together.



Writing isn't about making money, getting famous, getting dates, getting laid, or making friends. In the end, it's about enriching the lives of those who will read your work, and enriching your own life, as well. It's about getting up, getting well, and getting over. Getting happy, okay? Getting happy.” 
-Stephen King




As for NaNoWriMo - I begin that officially tonight. My mornings are for yoga, my nights are for writing. At least an hour every night, after my son is in bed.

I have my story in place. My characters in queue. And my heart on my sleeve.

I'm ready to use this energy I'm building with my yoga practice to write with my heart. And I really can NOT wait to see what I get out of it!!

Now go practice and write everyone!!

<3 aryn="aryn" p="p">

2 comments:

  1. FYI, you've inspired me with this 30 days thing.

    Just thought you'd like to know.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm going to blog in a second... yesterday got the better of me! I never set up an "Family Member Illness" contingency plan. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete