Sunday, November 18, 2012

The countdown begins at 13...

There are 13 days left in November.
I've written 38,340 words, and only need 11,660 to reach my goal.
I haven't been on my mat for over a week, and decided today that my "rest" period is over with.

November is still here, and I'm still trucking!

No, I haven't been on here. Finding time to write has been hard enough for my manuscript - adding online writing is an Everest all of its own. One computer, three people, one of which is bossy and small - he tends to win out, so I write on an old toshiba that was antiquated a week after I bought it back in 2002. But it gets the job done.

My story is headed in the right direction. There have been hard days, days I hate every single word I write - but I'm not backing down.

I'm done with that, remember?

So here we are - with 13 days. And here I am - on the computer telling you about it.

The hardest thing about writing is sitting your ass down to write. Some days I manage 3000 words, others 400, but I sit my ass down to write them. The same applies for yoga, but still different, because it's yoga - the wisdom of yoga goes like this. Don't have 1/2 hour to practice yoga - then you need to practice for an hour. (This also applies to meditation)

Do IT
Go for IT
Stop making excuses as to why you can't, and realize if you go through a bad patch (which we all do) you just... "pick yourself up... dust yourself off... and start all over again!" Such is life.

I'm off to write!
talk soon.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment