Friday, November 30, 2012

WE DID IT! Day 30 of NaNoWriMo MeMe




I haven't done one of these in a while, and I thought for the very last day of my NaNoWritMo challenge, it was a fun post! 

So here you go! And if you want to take part (which would be awesome) just copy the questions below, paste them into your blog - and have at it!!



What’s your favourite genre of writing? It depends on my mood, but the last two books I've written have been Fantasy and Sci/Fi


How often do you get writer’s block? This depends on the day! If I'm having a terrible day, it normally bleeds over into my writing world. I try to write through it. That's what editing and rewrites are for. 



How do you fix it? Read, watch Movies/ TV shows that inspire me, or just write through it. 



Do you type or write by hand? Both, mostly computer - as my handwriting is terrible - but some days I can't get to the computer, so I write by hand, and edit as I input it into my manuscript. 



Do you save everything you write? Yes. I save to my computer, to a flash drive, and I email attachments to my google email. (its free and safe)



Do you ever go back to an old idea long after you abandoned it? Yes. Sometimes all you need is time and perspective to turn a mess around. 



Do you have a  constructive critic? My husband and my cousin read all of my stuff, and I have two new people who have been added to the mix. To say I'm grateful is putting it mildly. 



Did you ever write a novel? Yes. I've written 3. 



What genre would you love to write but haven’t? I used to say, "I'll only be a sci/fi writer!" But as the ideas come to me, I'll write what I feel inspired to write. I don't have an agent or a book deal, so this may change if that ever does - but for now - I will write the books I want to read, and I like to read a little bit of everything from poetry to manga.



What’s one genre you have never written, and probably never will?  Never say never!



How many writing projects are you working on right now? 2 - both in edits, 3 if you count the research I'm doing, which I don't.



Do you write for a living? I'm lucky enough to have a husband who supports our family, allowing me to write at leisure and raise our son. (some times at leisure, and some times with great force and migraines... :0 )



Have you ever written something for a magazine or newspaper? Yes.



Have you ever won an award for your writing? I wish, but sadly no...



Do you ever write based on your dreams? Yes. I wrote a comic book a few years back that was based on a dream sequence I have. One day I will revisit it, because it's a good story. 



Do you favor happy endings, sad endings, or cliff-hangers? Depends on the story, and what I feel is right for the characters. 



So WE DID IT!! We finished NaNoWriMo!! Now I start another challenge! Starting tomorrow I will be writing poetry, every day, for a month. After about a week, I'll start posting poems I like on here. Some I will be sending out to magazines for publication. Because it's go time! (and I need some poetry love in the middle of editing 2 books at once.)

If you care to join me, just let me know!! Have a lovely day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment