Friday, April 5, 2013

And a happy Friday to you all!




Happy Friday! I originally planned on having a video posted on here, for you to enjoy some wonderful music while you read, but all the ones I want will not play on blogger. JOY!

Anyway, today is one of those days we all look forward too all week long, even when it means nothing... as in my case. Let's be honest, tomorrow is Saturday, I'll be at home with my family. Then a few days later it will be Monday, and I'll be at home with my family (part of it anyway).

It can be a humdrum kinda way to go, but it - like every other aspect of life - has it's perks. This life allows me to listen to music, any sort I like, without comment or criticism. Plus, I can have 3 lunches if I like, and not get written up for leaving my desk too often. On the opposite side of the coin, there are the lulls, and the lack of socializing, but it's only a moment in time, and this too shall pass. One day I'll look back (I'm sure of it) and say, "Remember when I had all that time?!" So, I'm going to use it to the best of my ability.

This is my last Friday with my son before he is in school. The feeling is surreal. How is he old enough to start school? How did we get here so fast, and why didn't I believe with all my heart when others said it went this fast. Life's little mysteries all balled into one.

I feel I should do something extravagant with him, but I know the best will be a walk to the park  a mile from our home, and then back here to play with hot wheels and watch Rocket Monkeys on Nick. And I will read over notes, and he will jump on my back and we will keep on keeping on.

We have 5 days until school begins, and then it all changes again. I will have (approximately) 12 hours a week to myself. 12 hours of uninterrupted writing time. 12 hours for cleaning, and I mean REAL cleaning, not shuffling crap around until it looks nicer than it did a minute ago. I can SCRUB things without worry the smell will set off my son's asthma. 12 hours to practice yoga without bribes and promises. 12 hours to blog, make phone calls, write letters, watch shows that I, and only I (in this house) like in ONE sitting and not over a period of 5-7 days. (Yup. A one hour show. 5 minutes here. 10 minutes there...)

5 days until this period of isolation ends.
5 days until my son has new friends.

So happy Friday, my friends. Change is on the horizon. Change is always on the horizon... in my life anyway... Hope you have a wonderful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment